• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is poverty an inevitable byproduct of human society?

Is poverty an inevitable byproduct of human society?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe so, we're not born equal. We have different skills, personalities, characteristics, strengths, weaknesses. And you may not get the opportunity someone else gets due to where they were born or who family they were born into. It's by chance for the most part. Also, your DNA and how you develop as a person.

So of course people with weaker capabilities will struggle in the world more than people who possess multitude of skills. And the potential reaching and maximizing your skills is DNA intrinsic imo.

f9ab0495753f3620982ff31d75fd1aaab9d99d07.jpg

We have more than enough resources for every human on this planet to have food, shelter and basic medical care.

The problem is corruption and government. As much as they want to sell you on the idea that government is trying to make thing better, many politicians depend on having people feel like they need the government to fix their problems.

To make it worse, society is definitely going the wrong way in the aspects of this situation which matter. Wealth gap is bigger than ever, war and crime is displacing large amounts of people and politicians are more interested in using those people for political points than to do anything to solve the problems.

You would have to restructure everything. Basically World War 3 AND it would have to result in the PEOPLE rising up and throwing out all the current corrupt politicians, WEF, UN etc and create the same basic scenario as USA 1776 where a society was formed with he express intent of eliminating eliminating avoiding corruption.

We have more than enough resources for every human on this planet to have food, shelter and basic medical care.

The problem is corruption and government. As much as they want to sell you on the idea that government is trying to make thing better, many politicians depend on having people feel like they need the government to fix their problems.

To make it worse, society is definitely going the wrong way in the aspects of this situation which matter. Wealth gap is bigger than ever, war and crime is displacing large amounts of people and politicians are more interested in using those people for political points than to do anything to solve the problems.

You would have to restructure everything. Basically World War 3 AND it would have to result in the PEOPLE rising up and throwing out all the current corrupt politicians, WEF, UN etc and create the same basic scenario as USA 1776 where a society was formed with he express intent of eliminating eliminating avoiding corruption.
Basically this. I also watched a documentary yesterday about the birth of "evil" in humans and studies show that people really started to be fucking violent when they changed from nomadic lifestyles to settlements. Meaning more people crapped in one place and possessions.

Guess that's why I'm so lovely and peacefully grounded, I own nothing compared to my peers.

Is your poverty relative or absolute?
Came to post this.

Poverty is relative, and therefore will always exist.

"Poor" in the 21st century US, for example, would have been working class or better 100 years before.

People tend to only look up. We generally only compare ourselves to those that have at least as much, if not more, than we do.

It's not inherent to society. The monetary system guarantees it. In a debt-based system the only way money can enter the money supply is through the creation of new debt. It's a zero-sum game. For you to have $10,000 in your bank account, someone somewhere has to be $10,000 in the negative. Due to interest, people that have a positive balance tend towards an increased positive balance, and people with a negative balance tend towards an even more negative balance.

In many instances a person with great intelligence, persistence, self-control, entrepreneurship, etc, can rise above their birth circumstances and come into a lot of new money. Learning to work around an unequal system doesn't mean the system wasn't and isn't stacked against them. Over a large sample size, most people born poor stay poor, and people with generational wealth can essentially sit on their ass all day and live off the interest alone.

Is your poverty relative or absolute?
Absolute poverty? Like having hunger stomach or are you talking about psychological, educational etc pverty aswell? Absolute is quite absolute.

Or is that a term?

It's not inherent to society. The monetary system guarantees it. In a debt-based system the only way money can enter the money supply is through the creation of new debt. It's a zero-sum game. For you to have $10,000 in your bank account, someone somewhere has to be $10,000 in the negative. Due to interest, people that have a positive balance tend towards an increased positive balance, and people with a negative balance tend towards an even more negative balance.

In many instances a person with great intelligence, persistence, self-control, entrepreneurship, etc, can rise above their birth circumstances and come into a lot of new money. Learning to work around an unequal system doesn't mean the system wasn't and isn't stacked against them. Over a large sample size, most people born poor stay poor, and people with generational wealth can essentially sit on their ass all day and live off the interest alone.
So your point is? People can get better paying jobs if they'll put in the work and afford a Lexus at some point even if their fathers worked as a janitor.

Thank you Dr.Phil.

Next thing will be: Work on your marriage because it's better for your kids.

<36>

You have a very skewed view of the monetary system. Money can enter through foreign investment. Every currency and/or money system is a debt based system. If I cannot reliably expect to be able to exchange my money for some good or service that I want, then it is of no value. Thus someone owes me for the money in my pocket. If money was a zero sum game then the money supply would have never expanded, yet it did.

You will see people with positive bank balances will gladly spend all their money and even go into debt when there is an emergency, because the alternative is worse.

Last edited:
You have a very screwed view of the monetary system. Money can enter through foreign investment. Every currency and/or money system is a debt based system. If I cannot reliably expect to be able to exchange it for some good or service that I want, then it is of no value. Thus someone owes me for the money in my pocket. If money was a zero sum game then the money supply would have never expanded, yet it did.

You will see people with positive bank balances will gladly spend all their money and even go into debt when there is an emergency, because the alternative is worse.
Yea, I was about to write a more serious reply to his post but just stopped in the middle. But I'm #veryexcited he found his own answers to structure his experiences and make himself more comfortable through that living on this precious, shiny blue.
<Wendy01>

The problem has never been that poor people are too hungry.

It has always been that powerful people want too much.

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos could get together right now and effectively end world hunger while still being wealthy as fuck.

The PR they'd get from the move would be INSANE. If they were more evil than they already are, but smarter, they'd probably have done it yesterday. If they had any ethics whatsoever, they'd also have done it yesterday.

I think they'll always be " poverty ". I don't necessarily believe it's a human society thing tho. Think it's a natural thing

Poverty - Poverty is defined as the state or condition where people and communities cannot meet a minimum standard of living because they lack the proper resources. These include (but aren't limited to) financial resources, basic healthcare and education, clean drinking water, and infrastructure.

There's always animals who have far less access to basic resources / community/ safety etc. It's part of the world.

We are getting to a point where it's possible to end the vast majority of poverty due to human society..... human society can end poverty precisely due to our society.

Some hunter gatherer tribes live in poverty. Some don't. It's more due to nature than society in my opinion atm

The problem has never been that poor people are too hungry.

It has always been that powerful people want too much.

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos could get together right now and effectively end world hunger while still being wealthy as fuck.

The PR they'd get from the move would be INSANE. If they were more evil than they already are, but smarter, they'd probably have done it yesterday. If they had any ethics whatsoever, they'd also have done it yesterday.

So could you and the other 1.2 billion doofuses living in developed countries. This was two years ago but it was estimated we need $40 billion a year to end world poverty. Which is about $30 a year per person living in developed countries, which is $2.50 a month. I'm sure knowing that you and the other 1.2 billion doofuses will get together and make it happen, except you won't. You will go on an internet karate forum and talk about how the rich and the powerful could have one something about it. But wait, how did they become so rich and powerful? Didn't we give them our money? Couldn't we have given that money or even a fraction of that money to charity? Yes we could have, we just chose not to.

You are welcome for the education, the pleasure is all yours.

Back