Is Petr Yan the best striker ever at 135 lbs?

I'd Dillashaw, but obvs an asterisk by his name.

Cody if he didn't go full rock 'em sock 'em mode. His performance over Cruz is one of the greatest of all time.

Yan is hugely impressive so far though. Needs to fight at the very top level ie win and defend the belt before we start label him goat striker.

Petr No Mercy Yan good. Wanna be great fight the top start with Moraes..

at least in the UFC. Since the start of the division back in 2010-2011... Hard to think of a better striker at 135 lbs. Below is a list of some of the best 135ers in the divisions history.... Seems like Yan is arguably a better striker than all of them. I guess I can see an argument for Dillashaw, a prime Renan Barao, Marlon Moraes... and thats really it...

TJ Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Cody Garbrandt
Marlon Moraes
Dominic Cruz
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Jimmie Rivera
Eddie Wineland
Urijah Faber
Michael McDonald
John Lineker

He's up there. TJ is certainly in that conversation though considering his regime it's likely got a big old asterisk next to it. Would have loved to see a prime Cruz against Yan.

Too small to give a shit about midget divisions
When you fight like Petr Yan,you have to watch.
If you like violence,you watch Petr Yan

source.gif

at least in the UFC. Since the start of the division back in 2010-2011... Hard to think of a better striker at 135 lbs. Below is a list of some of the best 135ers in the divisions history.... Seems like Yan is arguably a better striker than all of them. I guess I can see an argument for Dillashaw, a prime Renan Barao, Marlon Moraes... and thats really it...

TJ Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Cody Garbrandt
Marlon Moraes
Dominic Cruz
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Jimmie Rivera
Eddie Wineland
Urijah Faber
Michael McDonald
John Lineker

he is among the best

1. Gaethje pressure: No one in the divison pressures as Petr Yan
2. He can be patient: When is needed he is calculated and dont overcommites with the attacks.
3.Solid Volume: He can get the decision based on the amount of strikes
4.Solid KO power: Rivera and Dodson have lost fights before, but no one has put a more brutal beating than the ones Yan gaved them.

Cody is bum who fights like a drunk in a bar fight. Reckless, chin up hands down with shit technique.
<escalate99>

I’d say Yan is probably the most technical, all around. His boxing is great, all parts of it. Offense, defense, head movement, angles, footwork. He has kicks and knees, trips...

I’d say Moraes is more powerful striker, but better...? I don’t know, maybe, maybe not.

Garbrandt doesn’t deserve to be in this conversation, no matter how amazing his performance was against Cruz. He’s too reckless, loads up his right hand and usually doesn’t do anything with his left. Just Bleed God likes him, but Cody’s fans will probably get a couple more disappointing performances. If he doesn’t change his fighting style..

When you fight like Petr Yan,you have to watch.
If you like violence,you watch Petr Yan
Midgets resort to violence because they have a napoleon complex, also it looks cute

Midgets resort to violence because they have a napoleon complex, also it looks cute
Violence he has,and violent he is,by God. The JBG is very happy w tributes tecieved.

He is pretty darn good. Better than Cody. Better boxing than Dillashaw.

He got out-landed by Jimmie Rivera over three rounds. So, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back