Is Petr Yan the best striker ever at 135 lbs?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
at least in the UFC. Since the start of the division back in 2010-2011... Hard to think of a better striker at 135 lbs. Below is a list of some of the best 135ers in the divisions history.... Seems like Yan is arguably a better striker than all of them. I guess I can see an argument for Dillashaw, a prime Renan Barao, Marlon Moraes... and thats really it...

TJ Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Cody Garbrandt
Marlon Moraes
Dominic Cruz
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Jimmie Rivera
Eddie Wineland
Urijah Faber
Michael McDonald
John Lineker

Too early to tell at this point.

135 is a good weight class by the way.

at least in the UFC. Since the start of the division back in 2010-2011... Hard to think of a better striker at 135 lbs. Below is a list of some of the best 135ers in the divisions history.... Seems like Yan is arguably a better striker than all of them. I guess I can see an argument for Dillashaw, a prime Renan Barao, Marlon Moraes... and thats really it...

TJ Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Cody Garbrandt
Marlon Moraes
Dominic Cruz
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Jimmie Rivera
Eddie Wineland
Urijah Faber
Michael McDonald
John Lineker

135 is really exciting, hate the fact that Cejudo and TJ have held up the titles for a while.

I'd say cody if not for his glass chin

At least the one we seen against cruz

I'd say cody if not for his glass chin

At least the one we seen against cruz

Garbrandt is lethal with his hands thats for sure. I would argue that Moraes, Dillashaw and Petr Yan are much more complete strikers by MMA standards.. Though when Garbrandt goes full head movement dance mode it is a beautiful thing to watch. I hope too see him back at 100 % fighting with head movement and footwork like he should be.

Garbrandt is lethal with his hands thats for sure. I would argue that Moraes, Dillashaw and Petr Yan are much more complete strikers by MMA standards.. Though when Garbrandt goes full head movement dance mode it is a beautiful thing to watch. I hope too see him back at 100 % fighting with head movement and footwork like he should be.
Yeah fair

I forgot about dillashaw too actually

I'd prob go with him as #1, though I haven't really put that much thought into it.

Petr Yan is legit tho

Yeah fair

I forgot about dillashaw too actually

I'd prob go with him as #1, though I haven't really put that much thought into it.

Petr Yan is legit tho

Dillashaw and Yan are so good at mixing up their attack. Never know whats coming

he might, we need to see more. hopefully he fight for the title next

He is definitely the best boxer. Plus training in Thailand pays dividends for him
Still need to see him fight TJ/Cruz/Cody/Marlon/Aljo.

he might, we need to see more. hopefully he fight for the title next
Nah, triple Crap is ducking.
Yan would take his bum soul.
LividLividDoe-size_restricted.gif

Yan is the future champ. By far the best striker, at least on paper. Master of sport boxer with 70+ amateur fights and olympic candidate.

I don't know if anyone in BW division has better credentials.

"Where you Triple Clown!? Where you!?"

#stopthecircus

I believe Moraes is the more complete striker.

Shout out to Kid Yamamoto for competing his entire prime as a featherweight, but was really a blown up bantamweight with a massive set of balls.

TJ Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Cody Garbrandt
Marlon Moraes
Dominic Cruz
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Jimmie Rivera
Eddie Wineland
Urijah Faber
Michael McDonald
John Lineker

How bout we wait till he loses before deciding

Petr yan is the shit. His defense is damn good for a guy who comes forward for the entire fight,and he mixes tech strikes in with death bombs. If he was in higher weight classes,hed have ALL finishes with this relentless style. His footwork is also outstanding.
His forward head hunting reminds me of Fedor at times,but his footwork is next level.

Peter vs Moraes, lets see where he is at

Back