Is Palhares ready for the best fighter in the world at 170 Ben Askren

No.

Askren needs to beat Sapo first.

And then he can fight Palhares and we can see who can eyepoke who first.

Fickle MMA fans... Ben did look like shit in the last fight, however the fight was too short to really know if Santos could keep up that pace. I think Ben would have won the battle of attrition. I also think Ben would fuck Palharas up with knees to the head while on the ground.

If Santos can dominate in that way for two minuts...its not even relevant if he could keep up that pace; there are fighters out there who can do what Santos does for longer. Santos is barely a top 50 fighter.

If Santos can dominate in that way for two minuts...its not even relevant if he could keep up that pace; there are fighters out there who can do what Santos does for longer. Santos is barely a top 50 fighter.

I always thought he was a decent, underrated fighter, who was experienced and quite good at everything. He's been on a tare recently too and by watching him fight you can see he's not the same guy who got subbed by Ben Saunders.

The argument 'who has he beat?' is still there, which is honestly a pretty solid argument but Askren has already dominated better fighters than Ben Saunders or Ryan Ford, better fighters than a good number of UFC top 15 guys too.

I'm not claiming Santos is a top 10 guy but you're(and so many others are) discrediting Askren for that performance, more than you're giving Santos the praise he deserves for his performance.

Overall this post rustled me to be quite honest, especially after seeing so many fighters go from being nobodies to top guys in a relatively short amount of time. The 'he's not top 50' argument is meaningless, more fans need to realise rankings don't mean shit.

I'd hardly call Askren boring. Anyone who says this has clearly never watched one of his fights. He's not content to lay there. He is constantly advancing position, throwing strikes and looking for the finish. Has a higher finishing rate than hendricks

I've seen a bunch of his fights. He's boring as fuck. His finishes are all from his opponent being completely exhausted which is impressive in a way sure, but his gnp sucks.

tbh I think Askren can avoid the grappling and outstrike him

Only thing I hope Palhares is ready for is job moving furniture or something.

I always thought he was a decent, underrated fighter, who was experienced and quite good at everything. He's been on a tare recently too and by watching him fight you can see he's not the same guy who got subbed by Ben Saunders.

The argument 'who has he beat?' is still there, which is honestly a pretty solid argument but Askren has already dominated better fighters than Ben Saunders or Ryan Ford, better fighters than a good number of UFC top 15 guys too.

I'm not claiming Santos is a top 10 guy but you're(and so many others are) discrediting Askren for that performance, more than you're giving Santos the praise he deserves for his performance.

Overall this post rustled me to be quite honest, especially after seeing so many fighters go from being nobodies to top guys in a relatively short amount of time. The 'he's not top 50' argument is meaningless, more fans need to realise rankings don't mean shit.

Santos is solid, I agree the top 50 argument is meningless, but lets not pretend there arent fighters out there who can prevent TDs as Santos does and Im not talking about the top dogs in UFC.

I always thought strong legit wrestlers with well rounded skills could stop Askren, Santos performance just confirmed so, as Hieron had done before. I cant see Askren looking good against Story, Gastelum or Okami to name a few

Lima and Koreshkov arent good wrestlers, they are legit fighters but we know mma is about styles. Shields just dispatched Ford and Foster in the first round but suffered taking a round from Kampman or Woodley and I couldnt imagine Askren doing better despite his dominant perfomances against mediocre wrestlers

Back