Rumored Is Nick Diaz really fighting Luque..?

I saw FullViolence said the same shit that in the works. Genuinely though, who tf actually wants this fight? Nick vs El Cucuy was so blatantly obvious, I understand Luque is looking worn these days, especially after that brain hemorrhage after the Geoff Neal ko but come on. Even if Diaz somehow wins he gets fucking obliterated by every other ranked WW. The only fight I want for Diaz is Tony and even then idk wtf the ufc is gonna do with both of them after that shitshow

You're not wrong, but he's also only lost by KO/TKO recently against heavy hitters in Neal and Buckley.

Nick Diaz is a pitter patter volume guy and nowhere in the power range. Luque batters him badly imo.
Lawler hits just as hard as Neal or Buckley.

And it's not getting tko'd by Buckley that's troubling, it's giving up after getting touched cleanly. He ate a cpl clean punches on the feet, then willingly fell to the ground and turtled up until the ref stopped it. He wasn't even hurt. He was either fearful of fighting anymore or threw the fight. 1 of the weirdest finishes I've seen, although having a ticket on Buckley by tk/ko I was happy.

Luque should win but we have no idea where he's at mentally, physically, & psychologically.

If I had to predict I would say Luque by decision as I think he'll use his offensive wrestling to grind out a boring decision.

Last edited:
No idea why they keep trying to book this fight. It’s awful. Almost criminally bad. Luque looks terrible lately. But Nick is so far beyond done. If they insist on giving Nick another fight it needs to be against someone old and broken (like he is). Luque hurts him.

Back