Is MVP v Paul Daley the biggest non-pride non-UFC fight in history?

Fedor / Sylvia
Fedor / Arlovski
Cormier / Barnett
Overeem / Werdum

TS made a really bad thread

No, It'd unironically be Kimbo vs Shamrock or something stupid to that effect

And should the winner be inducted into the UFC? I know there have been freak show fights before (Fedor/Sonnen is one), but I can’t remember the last time a fight was held outside the UFC between two genuinely amazing fighters still in their prime. If that fight was on the same time as UFC 227 I’d have tuned into it instead.

Hahahaha, get off your parents account.

Watch it turn out like Black Beast vs Francis...

giphy.gif

These two guys were destined to meet.
They genuinely dont like each other and both can bang so it may well be a fun fight while it lasts.

And should the winner be inducted into the UFC? I know there have been freak show fights before (Fedor/Sonnen is one), but I can’t remember the last time a fight was held outside the UFC between two genuinely amazing fighters still in their prime. If that fight was on the same time as UFC 227 I’d have tuned into it instead.

<{you!}>
Paul Daley is not in his prime, and MVP is a can fighting champion. But
to each his own.

Benson Vs Pettis

What the absolute fuck are you talking about?

There is tons of fights bigger than that.

I could go on for hours naming bigger fights. Is this even a main event?

Every Fedor fight since he left Pride
9/10 Strikeforce title fights and main events
Rory-Moose coming up
Eddie vs Chandler
Most Bellator title fights
etc.

Might finally be a good test for MVP though. Not sure where Daley is at at this point though.

Last edited:
Sadly Daley is a gimp and hard as fuck to deal with. Don't think he will be at bellator much longer tbh

Say that to him irl and you'd be looking like sloth buddeh

I agree though

This guy actually thinks this is bigger than any Strikeforce fight, any WEC fight, any Bellator fight, any Shooto bout, any Dream fight, or any other fight in a dozen major promotions in North America, Japan or Europe.

The lack of historical knowledge is beyond embarrassing. Please stop watching MMA.

It is probably the biggest MMA fight in Europe outside of the UFC of all time.

For the rest of the world its simply a great fight though.

Fedor vs Sylvia and Fedor vs Arlovski come to mind as bigger.

No. Not even close.

Even Bader vs. Davis was bigger.

Bader vs Davis bigger than Daley vs MVP? Who are you kidding? You do realize that this fight will be huge in the UK, and will get significantly more global viewership than Bader/Davis, right?

Are they fighting???

They are matched up against each other in the first round round of the WW Grand Prix. No date has been scheduled yet, but it’s expected to take place in London. Something tells me the fight will fall through, unfortunately.

Back