Is MVP v Paul Daley the biggest non-pride non-UFC fight in history?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And should the winner be inducted into the UFC? I know there have been freak show fights before (Fedor/Sonnen is one), but I can’t remember the last time a fight was held outside the UFC between two genuinely amazing fighters still in their prime. If that fight was on the same time as UFC 227 I’d have tuned into it instead.

No. Not even close.

Even Bader vs. Davis was bigger.

Also Daley vs. Diaz and Daley vs. Shields were bigger.

I kinda feel like Daley has never had a “prime.” And if he did, it was long ago—the dude has had almost 60 fights.

Last edited:
You know there's something called boxing right?

You forgot about Strikeforce, Dream, etc?

Dude. No.

Start over with the prompt - "is MVP vs Daley going to be a pretty fun fight worth watching?".... that'd be a bit more warranted here

It's not even the biggest fight of Daley's post-UFC career.

Did you never watch Strikeforce? I was actually more excited for Strikeforce at one point compared to UFC.

And should the winner be inducted into the UFC? I know there have been freak show fights before (Fedor/Sonnen is one), but I can’t remember the last time a fight was held outside the UFC between two genuinely amazing fighters still in their prime. If that fight was on the same time as UFC 227 I’d have tuned into it instead.

No dude

Paul is a journeyman and people overate this guy a lot and MVP has been the most protected in the history of mma. Not even remotely close.

Is this serious?

Mousasi McDonald is a scrap

Wolf tickets... They have hyped this fight for so long. You have two guys that can KO each other. One is pretty much a gate keeper and the other has fought only cans. I will watch, but not the biggest fight ever.

No. Not even close.

Even Bader vs. Davis was bigger.

Also Daley vs. Diaz and Daley vs. Shields were bigger.

I kinda feel like Daley has never had a “prime.” And if he did, it was long ago—the dude has had almost 60 fights.
Daley vs Diaz is possibly the best 1 round fight ever

Sadly Daley is a gimp and hard as fuck to deal with. Don't think he will be at bellator much longer tbh

Back