Is MMA the most diverse and inclusive sport?

Who gives a fuck what colour anyone is?
Diversity is a shit concept. It’s called ULTIMATE FIGHTING, I don’t care what colour or religion a fighter is I just want to see the most ultimate fights. If that’s exclusively white or black people then it is what it is. The people getting all hung up on diversity are the ones with by far the lowest self esteem. Everyone has to make their own way in this world and getting a leg up due to colour is not beneficial in the long run.

I’m going to be honest I’m just not particularly interested in discussing the kick anymore. I’ve said just about everything I have to say on it
Alright I'll have to go find where you mentioned it then, because I know you explained it but I forgot where

Yes, the UFC and mma in general are unintentionally very diverse. Although it would be interesting to see where the sport would be if Dana hadn't gotten his head out of the ass and pushed Ronda.

It not unintentional—it’s by design.

The amount of fighters the UFC have from various regions/countries is directly related to the value that specific market contributes to the UFC’s bottom line.

For example, the United States is the number one source revenue dollars for the UFC and because of this it is UFC policy that 50% of the roster is made up of American fighters at all times. While the other 50% are international fighters.

Brazil is the second biggest region when it comes to MMA spending as such there are 88 Brazilian UFC fighters in the roster.

Behind Brazil, are Canada, the UK, and then Russia which have roughly 20 fighters on the roster.

Fallon Fox lost to a woman tho, who's not even seen as that good. Valentina and Amanda would smash the chick who beat Fox. Makes you wonder.

The chick that beat Fallon Fox was Ashley Evan-Smith. A Bantamweight of the UFC roster

Apparently there is undeniable proof that a woman on the UFC roster could beat a trained man in a fight

Its largest organization, the UFC, has a wide variety of races and countries represented among its professional athletes. Even the best in this sport are extremely diverse. This isn't something you see in many sports. Football and Basketball are dominated by Americans, baseball has a large latin American population but doesn't have near the European or African representation. Hockey has a lot of candians and Europeans in addition to Americans but glaringly lacking in non white dudes. Soccer is very worldwide, but the various leagues stick to their area aside from world cup every 4 years. They're not going against each other with as much normalcy as the UFC.

(Yan was born in Russia for comparison)

Then not just the athletes, but how the sport is conducted. Every other sport, women are in their own organization. WNBA. etc. Women use all the same facilities as the men, no smaller arena for the smaller crowds for them. No other sports will show a men's competition, women's, back to the men's, and then even have the top showing be a women's event.

As far as rules, other than wearing tops, there's no rule differences between the men and women. Hockey, there's no checking for the women. Golf, the women tee up closer. But it's not like in MMA women are seen as fragile and so can't handle the knees or elbows

As barbaric as the sport is, I think it has to be recognized as the most diverse professional across both gender and racial lines.

And we all thought a greeting would bring the whole world together as ONE, when it was all along a punch to the mouth.

Its largest organization, the UFC, has a wide variety of races and countries represented among its professional athletes. Even the best in this sport are extremely diverse. This isn't something you see in many sports. Football and Basketball are dominated by Americans, baseball has a large latin American population but doesn't have near the European or African representation. Hockey has a lot of candians and Europeans in addition to Americans but glaringly lacking in non white dudes. Soccer is very worldwide, but the various leagues stick to their area aside from world cup every 4 years. They're not going against each other with as much normalcy as the UFC.

(Yan was born in Russia for comparison)

Then not just the athletes, but how the sport is conducted. Every other sport, women are in their own organization. WNBA. etc. Women use all the same facilities as the men, no smaller arena for the smaller crowds for them. No other sports will show a men's competition, women's, back to the men's, and then even have the top showing be a women's event.

As far as rules, other than wearing tops, there's no rule differences between the men and women. Hockey, there's no checking for the women. Golf, the women tee up closer. But it's not like in MMA women are seen as fragile and so can't handle the knees or elbows

As barbaric as the sport is, I think it has to be recognized as the most diverse professional across both gender and racial lines.

Fighting is the core of competition and it is not a sport although we call it that to make it a sport.

I'm always surprised how international the F1 rosters are.

Most people that don't follow it also vastly underestimate just how big F1 is

does diverse to dummies just mean non-American, and really diverse non-white?

It not unintentional—it’s by design.

The amount of fighters the UFC have from various regions/countries is directly related to the value that specific market contributes to the UFC’s bottom line.

For example, the United States is the number one source revenue dollars for the UFC and because of this it is UFC policy that 50% of the roster is made up of American fighters at all times. While the other 50% are international fighters.

Brazil is the second biggest region when it comes to MMA spending as such there are 88 Brazilian UFC fighters in the roster.

Behind Brazil, are Canada, the UK, and then Russia which have roughly 20 fighters on the roster.
That part yes. I mean more the equality or appearance within the sport is mostly unintentional (semi standardized contract tiers, drive to keep costs low, etc)

does diverse to dummies just mean non-American, and really diverse non-white?

No. It includes American and whites in a wide spread of races and nationalities

Cricket isn’t a very diverse sport at all

Humanity: United together by the love of BEATHING THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER
<{1-7}><{JustBleed}>

Somethings transcend cultural and language barriers

Punching a person in the face for money is one of those things

1 of the main reasons i was attracted to MMA was because in MMA there wasn't a "build" requirement like there is in many other sports. in NFL you need to be big, fast, and strong. it doesn't matter how good you are, if you are 5'1 and 120lbs you'll never play in the NFL. there is almost always a specific physical requirement you must meet in order to be competitive in most sports.

in MMA, this is not true at all. the bodies of the most successful fighters are as diverse as their individual styles are. it's fascinating because it's a "natural" sport to me. everyone can participate in it and be successful if you can use your natural born gifts to their maximum potential.

Back