Is Mike Dolce building up his name by conning Sherdoggers with his shills?

Alexandergreat3

In Fedor We Trust, amen™
@Silver
Reaction score
Is Mike Dolce trying to build up his name by conning Sherdoggers with his shills, posing as fans to advertise his outrageous claims?

From this thread: Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

I have seen a lot of Dolce's blatant snake-oil-saleman type of advertisement, but this time, it has gone too far, and I thought I point out some of the bullshit.

You would be wrong. Rampage and Tito came in around 220lb to 225lb. There is a reason the old heavyweight limit is around 235lb, most heavyweights couldn't cut to the lower division.

Chael, TRT and his nutritionist are the reasons Chael can cut from 240lb to fight Jones.
http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mike-Dolce-Chael-Sonnen-is-240-lb-and-ripped.html

When I read the above thread title, I immediately knew this was a shameless plug by a shill (december 2012 join date) for that snake oil salesman, Dolce...

I have seen pro bodybuilders with more lean muscle mass and less fat than Sonnen's, and they would have to cut their fucking legs off to make 205 from 240lbs...

Here is a reference: Arnold at 6'2 240lbs at the Mr. Olympia 1974:

bc4a9-arnold1974.jpg

Edit:

Here is another reference, using an MMA fighter this time to further debunk this "Dolce Diet" bullshit:

Cheick Kongo at 6'4, around 235lbs:

Cheick+Kongo+weigh+in+ufc+mma.jpg

There is no fucking way Chael, at 2 inches shorter, is 5lbs heavier than Kongo, and is more ripped than Kongo (a heavyweight), and still be able to cut 35lbs!

cheick-kongo.jpg

Please GTFO of Sherdog with this "Dolce Diet" bullshit...

Last edited:
Arnold was on steroids. Sonnen was on TRT.

Dolce probably does well with his fighters, but he says a lot of stupid shit that has no scientific basis and he also sweats details that doesn't matter.

He's tryna sell his name and brand I guess.

In before other sherdoggers start defending his diet

A lot of what he says makes sense. His fighters seem to lose a lot though. Maybe that's because they only go to him to learn to manage their weight because their careers are on the decline.
WHo the fuck wants to cut 35 lbs the day before a fight? Insane.

All I can tell of Dolce is he comes off passionate about nutrition (almost Bane-like...), wants to help fighters make cuts easier, sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and has a good track record with people he works with, so I see no reason to criticize the man, although this is still the Internet, so carry on.

in every single Dolce thread i've seen, Oblivian posts something about Dolce being full of shit. i tend to agree. just posting here to see if the Dolce-Oblivian binary pairing holds true.

Nobody with half a brain (so about 25% of Sherdog) believes Mike Dolce.

All I can tell of Dolce is he comes off passionate about nutrition (almost Bane-like...), wants to help fighters make cuts easier, sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and has a good track record with people he works with, so I see no reason to criticize the man, although this is still the Internet, so carry on.

Whatever you have to tell yourself

July 2011 of Train Hard, Fight Easy - "Plates of Wisdom" article, written by Mike Dolce

Today, I walk around at about 192 lbs at 7% body fat. Now, I squat 500 lbs with no belt or knee wraps for 20 full reps.

The above confirms to me that he's a complete liar. Not only that, but he's an extreme liar. I really doubt he can squat 500 lbs for a triple, but claiming 20 reps with 500 lbs at 192 lbs is so far fetched that it's amazing he would actually let this hit print. After seeing the above, if you take what he says without a grain of salt, then it's on you.

u do realize that body builders also cut water weight for their competitions to lean out

And that is exactly why a person cannot be a 6'1 (Sonnen's height), 240lbs "ripped" and be able to drop another 35lbs to make 205lbs -- which is exactly what Dolce's just claimed.

in every single Dolce thread i've seen, Oblivian posts something about Dolce being full of shit. i tend to agree. just posting here to see if the Dolce-Oblivian binary pairing holds true.

I may not be a lot of things, but I am consistent.

Arnold is 5 11 tops. His height has aways been exaggerated btw

July 2011 of Train Hard, Fight Easy - "Plates of Wisdom" article, written by Mike Dolce

The above confirms to me that he's a complete liar. Not only that, but he's an extreme liar. I really doubt he can squat 500 lbs for a triple, but claiming 20 reps with 500 lbs at 192 lbs is so far fetched that it's amazing he would actually let this hit print. After seeing the above, if you take what he says without a grain of salt, then it's on you.

All right, fair enough, that is quite proposterous indeed. I suppose one could argue that it doesn't necessarily mean he has bad intentions or that he doesn't know about cutting weight, but I don't care one way or the other. My impression of him is that he cares about the fighters and is passionate about nutrition, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, though I agree that's completely preposterous.

Arnold is 5 11 tops. His height has aways been exaggerated btw

This is really a trivial point, but I suppose we can discuss it.

Are you referring to that 2002 US Weekly magazine article that said Arnold was a bit shorter standing next to the 5'11 W Bush?

If this is what you were referring to, then there are a few explanations besides a possible height exaggeration:

1. Their shoes

2. As people age, their spine shrink. According to this NY Times article, a person's losing 2 inches due to spinal shrinkage is not uncommon.

(Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/science/12qna.html?_r=0)

3. Being a body builder who lifts heavyweights, it's more than likely that Arnold's spine would shrink more than the average person due to spinal compression on the discs between the vertebrae.

Back