Movies Is Miami Vice (2006) overrated?

My opinion is

• Total voters
I thought it was considered pretty crap so that sounds about right.

I would way rather watch two random episodes of the old TV show. Something like the Bushido episode was light years better than this movie.

Saw it in theaters. All I remember was being completely bored. And have never heard anyone bring it up since, so not sure how it could be overrated. Maybe it has some cult following in Florida that I'm not familiar with, but it seems like a prime candidate for memory holes movies.

Have to agree with the other posters, I’ve never heard anyone rate it highly. I remember going to see it but I couldn’t tell you a damn thing about it.

Have yet to see Public Enemies, hope it’s better than this one which is like a 5 or a 6 at best.

The Bren Ten should have made an appearance in it. The original series made it a legend and they are forever intertwined.
1e545d30d327977c6ed61a6cf00b5b00.jpg
Been seeing his daughter lately in a few different movies.

She's hot.
Gonzalez_Dakota2_160916.jpg

Overrated? By whom? Pretty sure the general consensus is that it's harmlessly forgettable at best, and a replacement for Ambien at worst.

I thought it was good, both stars looking very beautiful throughout the film. But it was a while ago since I seent it.

Only saw a tiny bit of it and they got some hot curvy woman in shower scene and barely showed her goods.

Thats like asking if stepping into shit is overrated.

what-do-you-like-to-drink-itm-a-fiend-for-13705182.png

latest

Miami Vice:
Attractive Women ✓
Fast boats ✓
Guns ✓
Action ✓
Feared Antagonists/Villians ✓

The problem Miami Vice draws is the inevitable Heat comparison. Every action movie released from Mann is measured against Heat.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good, not great. It might be slightly underrated, since a lot of people dismiss it due to the title. I’ve never heard anybody rave about it anyway

Back