Movies Is Miami Vice (2006) overrated?

My opinion is

• Total voters

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score

I rewatched it and thought it wasn’t really great or good either. The pacing is too slow and payoff isn’t strong at all. I like Mann's films but this one isn’t one of his best imo

Haha yeah as @Goodfella86 said, it’s rated just fine. There are outlier fans of Mann like myself who enjoyed it but seemed the majority of people thought it was a stylish bore or outright bad.

The whole world got together and agreed that it was stylish dogshit. That is a two star movie if I've ever seen one. I think it was fairly rated.

So it’s not rated very highly? I thought people loved this one

Haha yeah as @Goodfella86 said, it’s rated just fine. There are outlier fans of Mann like myself who enjoyed it but seemed the majority of people thought it was a stylish bore or outright bad.

I like his films, I own ali, manhunter, collateral and heat on blu ray just to name a few

It's remarkably forgettable.

So it’s not rated very highly? I thought people loved this one

I like his films, I own ali, manhunter, collateral and heat on blu ray just to name a few

Oh yeah absolutely. I wasn’t trying to say fans of Mann are outliers I just think the majority of his fans couldn’t muster much enthusiasm for that one.

Ali is big-time underrated in my opinion lol.

Oh yeah absolutely. I wasn’t trying to say fans of Mann are outliers I just think the majority of his fans couldn’t muster much enthusiasm for that one.

Ali is big-time underrated in my opinion lol.

I think we can all agree it’s still better than Blackhat or The Keep atleast.

I don’t think Miami Vice is horrible, just like I feel it’s not really that interesting

The Bren Ten should have made an appearance in it. The original series made it a legend and they are forever intertwined.
1e545d30d327977c6ed61a6cf00b5b00.jpg

...who even fkn rated it.
Its a three for 15 dollar movie if i can even think of one.

In fact, I couldnt even think of this one.

Mann likes criminals too much to make a cop movie

The vast majority of movies that come out are dog shit. I don't know why you picked this one. I liked it actually. Now, I know it is not a masterpiece or that original in any way, but I enjoyed watching it.

The vast majority of movies that come out are dog shit. I don't know why you picked this one. I liked it actually. Now, I know it is not a masterpiece or that original in any way, but I enjoyed watching it.
There are scenes from the movie that are excellent, like the boat scene

I would say probably a little underrarted, largely empty style but still quite fun.

Likely didnt help it was the followup to Collateral that was a lot better.

Back