Is Masvidal really too big for McGregor?

Masvidal is actually smaller than Cerrone but he fights bigger.

I don't get it. Everybody, Dana White and MMA Media, keeps this narrative that Masvidal is too big for McGregor which does not make sense in my opinion. Masvidal is a former lightweight who does not want to cut that much weight and moved up to Welterweight. Sure, Masvidal put up a few great knockouts lately.

Seeing McGregor fight at Welterweight also tells me that there is not much size difference. Skillwise I'd favour McGregor. It's actually a decent match-up for McGregor in contrary to Khabib or Usman.
So why is everbody so dismissive of McGregor's chances against Masvidal??
The real problem is Masvidal will not be jobbing to Conor...lol

Masvidal spent most of his career at LW, he isn't that much bigger. A guy like Usman, is a legit WW who is too big for Conor IMO. Guys like Nate & Masvidal who spent most of their career at LW, are not much bigger than Conor. A guy like Usman, who could never ever make LW, is much too big for Conor. Usman would make Nate & Masvidal look small, because he's much much wider & jacked.

Also, guys like Nate & Masvidal aren't known for going for takedowns, they both have good grappling but usually do not initiate takedowns. That stylistically is a much better fight for Conor, rather than a guy like Usman, who is not only much bigger but very likely to take Conor down. Given how big Usman is, if he gets Conor down, Conor isn't getting back up IMO. Conor probably does wanna try to be the first 3 weight class champ, but Usman is a very bad fight for him

Before this fight, Jorge probably would've been a -190 favourite against Conor but now that fights basically -110 on both ends.

Mas is the greatest ever,untill he loses then he was an overated bum.

I personally think he would get flat lined inside of 2 rounds though.

I was more worried that you'd say 'who da fook is linford'......I have too many out of date references

I got you bro
I may act 15 but I’m an old dogger really

No. He was a lightweight for most of his career. He just got tired of cutting weight and adjusted well.

And Conor was a FW for most of his. Masvidal is bigger than Conor, but just a weight class apart, nothing too crazy.

Thank you for proving my point
unless you look like andreas munzer, you have no bearing calling masvidal skinnyfat lol..

andreas-munzer-2.jpg

Not really
Masvidal is skinny fat at 170

I think Conor would be a lot quicker than him and I hate Conor for the record

Saying you hate a fighter doesn’t make your positive point on him any more credible. It just highlights that you’re irrational to begin with.

Why does everyone do this on Sherdog?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back