Is Masvidal really too big for McGregor?

Conor WAS too small, but now he looks like he'd be the same size as Masvidal. This isn't Usman we're talking about who is a HUGE WW.

I'm not sure what you people are looking at if you think he's too big.
9841908.jpg

143_Jorge_Masvidal_x_Nate_Diaz.0.jpg

I rest my case.

He probably has 6-10lb on Conor. That is still something.

Saying you hate a fighter doesn’t make your positive point on him any more credible. It just highlights that you’re irrational to begin with.

Why does everyone do this on Sherdog?
Because it’s full of retards that the minute you give an opinion on Conor
In which I do believe he would be quicker than Masvidal you get

LOL YOU NOOB
CONOR FANBOY

Because it’s full of retards that the minute you give an opinion on Conor
In which I do believe he would be quicker than Masvidal you get

LOL YOU NOOB
CONOR FANBOY

Fair point

Mas looked a good bit bigger than Poirer in a pic lately, when they were both facing forward, is a good comparison. Couldn't see the pic on google images but someone had it here in a thread

Yeah it's nonsense. He's slightly bigger. But Conor's the much better fighter.

Conor has called out Dana's bullshit as bullshit. Dana is just weight class-obsessed like many Sherdoggers.

Masvidal is a great fighter but his rep has been inflated a bit.

Nate Diaz fight was a doctors stoppage, the ellenberger was a weird one. and him and conor have one common opponent in Cerrone that they both beat.

He is 6-4 in his last 10 fights.

He got outclassed by Wonderboy and masvidal could not get to grips with his style and the way he uses distance.

Masvidal may well beat Conor, but its no way an easy win like some people make out.

Masvidal is a great fighter but his rep has been inflated a bit.

Nate Diaz fight was a doctors stoppage, the ellenberger was a weird one. and him and conor have one common opponent in Cerrone that they both beat.

He is 6-4 in his last 10 fights.

He got outclassed by Wonderboy and masvidal could not get to grips with his style and the way he uses distance.

Masvidal may well beat Conor, but its no way an easy win like some people make out.

and how many of those split decisions could have gone his way with a little more output?

If Diaz isn't too big for Conor, Masvidal isn't either.

I don't get it. Everybody, Dana White and MMA Media, keeps this narrative that Masvidal is too big for McGregor which does not make sense in my opinion. Masvidal is a former lightweight who does not want to cut that much weight and moved up to Welterweight. Sure, Masvidal put up a few great knockouts lately.

Seeing McGregor fight at Welterweight also tells me that there is not much size difference. Skillwise I'd favour McGregor. It's actually a decent match-up for McGregor in contrary to Khabib or Usman.
So why is everbody so dismissive of McGregor's chances against Masvidal??
Was Masvidal too big for Iaquinta and all the other LW's that he fought and won/lost to?

Was Masvidal too big for Cowboy at 170 when they fought?

Was Masvidal too big for Nate at 170?

Would Masvidal be too big for RDA if they fight at 170?

Más is not too big for Conor. I think más fucks Conor up though and Dana is protecting him, Conor doesn't want to look like a bitch but if you put a guy like masvidal against McGregor, arguably the biggest pay day ever, you bet your ass más is going to try his absolute heart out to murder Conor, más isn't cowboy either.

Back