Is Kobe Bryant a sporting hero or just another famous sex offender

As is often the case with rape/sexual assault, probably nobody will ever know exactly what happened aside from the two people involved.

Though plenty will claim to, based mostly on where they stand on gender politics at the outset.

Either way, people aren't one thing.

I don't mind celebrating excellence despite the fact that people are imperfect.
I'm not involved in gender politics and I think there's plenty of evidence to say he did it.

He told the police she wasn't very attractive. This was during the same questioning where he said he should've done like Shaq and paid her off. Which he did in the long run.
I vaguely remember this, but now they're buddy buddy and Shaq calls Kobe's kids his nieces.

At most I think she consented to sex but was taken back by how rough the sex got. I mean there's a huge dude chocking her from behind, I assume that can be kind of scary. With that being said that's about as generous as I can get towards her. Whenever this stuff is settled out of court it makes me a bit suss about the motives.

Usually it's meant to just make it go away. The longer it lingers, the longer attention is given to it and the more people will hone in on this negative instead of what's going on in his career. For her its a win win either way, for him its damaging no matter what. Even if it was consensual, people are gonna look at it both ways because the word rape was already pushed out there. Instead of dragging the case whi h could go on for years, taking a mental toll on his game, just get it over with. If she really wanted to push it further and believed wholeheartedly he really raped her, she would have declined the offer and tried to go for the jugular, if her case was that compelling. I don't think it was, and I'm sure she was happy with some funds to buy some clothes and get her hair done for a few years.
That's another way of looking at it.

The case was dropped when she refused to testify; but that decision came after the court wrongfully leaked her name. She came from a wealthy family. One situation from two different perspectives doesn’t necessarily mean one is right and one is wrong. They can have a different opinion based on their own perspective of what was happening. By both of their accounts it lasted no longer than five minutes and he didn’t finish with her. He finished solo into a t-shirt after she left, which is also not a good sign about how she felt about everything. It’s not cut and dry, and they both may be right in what they thought was happening at the time.

its so disgusting how many people just swallow the official story and think "well, that girl says he raped her so he is a rapist." and never bother to look at the details or think for themselves for even a nanosecond

it would be comical if it wasnt so horrific. time, and time, and time again.....Kobe, Tyson, Conor, etc.

Another important question. How will Ari be remembered? As Joe Rogan’s friend or that guy who said some fucked up shit after Kobe died?

He will always be remembered as:

The Amazing Racist!

its so disgusting how many people just swallow the official story and think "well, that girl says he raped her so he is a rapist." and never bother to look at the details or think for themselves for even a nanosecond

it would be comical if it wasnt so horrific. time, and time, and time again.....Kobe, Tyson, Conor, etc.
I researched it thoroughly even at the time. He didn't rape that woman and we should not focus on that when it hasn't even been a week since his death.

Dont tell me what to do bitch I'll lol all fucking day at your ignorance.

There is no debate, it's still Jordan. Just because the man died recently doesn't bump him up the list.

If you really want to be real kobe was a chucker who couldn't win anything significant without phil as the HC and an effective big man in the paint.
I'm not defending Kobe here, but that's a stupid argument. Jordan was routinely bounced from the first round until Pippen showed up.

Didn't that lying whore have like 2 other dudes semen in her underwear? Someone who gives up her vag so easily and frequently, and we're supposed to believe that she turned down super rich, handsome, famous athlete?

Kobe's statement here was just PR. They told him what to say to protect his reputation. Had nothing to do with what actually happened.

This man knows what he is talking about. I thought the same thing too, you have 2 different guys semen on you and you expect us to believe you wouldnt give it up to Kobe? Also she said that they were kissing each other for 5 minutes. I am sure this lying hoe just tried to trap Kobe. What kobe did wrong was not admit what he did so now people question if he is lying about everything else. He should have come clean and said they had sex instead of worrying about Vanessa finding out about the cheating but I can understand why he lied, it just wasnt a smart idea to lie. And in the end Vanessa found out about it.

why can't it be a combination of the two, in varying degrees? that's what i think, anyway. he did a lot to rebuild his reputation. but there is probably a lot of truth in the sexual allegations against him, hence why he settled out of court.

Just cause he settled it does not mean he is guilty, he just would have rather pay the money instead of having to go through a trial. He was losing endorsements and his image was getting tarnished, if he continued with the trial anything could have happen, especially one you have one lying hoe after money.

I'm not defending Kobe here, but that's a stupid argument. Jordan was routinely bounced from the first round until Pippen showed up.

Pippen was drafted in 87, and didn't become an all-star until 1990. The Bulls got past the 1st round in 88 & 89.

Besides, Kobe's individual accolades pale in comparison to Jordan's.

Why does a celeb have to be reduced to a headline? He is all the things he has done.

When I first seen that he died it was a bit surprising. I had to read it a couple times I thought that's kinda a big deal. It has been far bigger than I imagined. Seeing all the tears and people just truly seem hurt by this. He must've been a good dude. I think this might be bigger then the Michael jackson death
Not bigger but very big and different. Both hit me hard but for me MJ was almost mythical. I am a big fan but being born in 88 his prime was before my time and when I was very young. He's older than my parents. Not trying to downplay MJ but his best days were far behind him. Still he touched a much wider audience globally.

With Kobe, I watched him grow up. And Kobe represented youth, being drafted at 17 in the hip hop/attitude era. The era of bringing style to the game. Street ball. Clone of Jordan. There isn't a move done in basketball that Kobe hasn't done. If you followed basketball even a little bit you wouldn't even question whether he was a hero. Even if you weren't necessarily a fan.

Kobe also had an extremely intelligent mind. Spoke more than 3 languages. Had just won an oscar. During his playing years basketball was all he knew. As great as Jordan was, he did other things for pleasure. Kobe only knew basketball until he retired.

He barely got to enjoy his retirement. O don't know man it's still fresh.

Yeah, but how will talking about Kobe stack up to the then present day sports, news, or technology discussions? ....Rarely.

Eh the article posting about the girl's side of the story posted in the other thread is pretty damning. She had bruises on her neck and the way they had sex was kinda rapey. Shrug.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Kobe dropped 81 points. What the fuck are you talking about??? If you don't follow basketball then be quiet.

I haven't nor care to read this entire thread but two things:

Kobe wasn't convicted of anything. Do you REALLY think he'd have to resort to rape to get laid? Cmon...

I'm very sad that nine people died, Kobe included. But because he could put a bouncy ball through a hoop better than most does that make him somehow better? My point here is that we all work and do different things and because one is televised and covered by media doesn't make the individual in question better. All of our shit stinks and in the end all of us are human no matter our profession.

Back