is Khamzat the most "goalpost-moved" fighter ever?

Maybe but fact is I have never seen Costa do anything as impressive on the feet as Kamaru dropping Burns with a jab or sending Masvidal to another dimension the way he did.

I never said it was majority of the world population

It is just a tiny, loud population of bitch-heavy posters

the kick costa hit whittaker with is something usman will never do in his life

Li was ranked 11 at the time. So yeah I used "top" to mean "top 10". And yes, back then people absolutely said he'd get exposed when he fought someone near the top 10.

Multiple people said Kevin was the "true" top fighter of 2020 (his best year for sure). The "everyone knew" line is a bit revisionist like the "no knees" bullshit. No one said Kamaru had no knees when he was champ, but I guess losing an extremely close decision to Leon conveniently made his knees explode days before fighting Khamzat.

More of the same dismissal bullshit. Just like how everyone is now saying Holland had no chance and Kamaru had no knees is goalpost moving bullshit. Next up is Robert (worst stylistic match in the either WW or MW by the way) is a WW bum / quickly tossing his legacy in the toilet rather than acknowledge how big of a deal it'd be if Khamzat wins.

This forum has many thousands of people, there isn't a single fight where its 100% on 1 side. Look at the betting lines for all those 4 fights, then try to tell us everyone was against Khamzat, everyone thought he was going to lose. This is 1 of the most absurd threads ever. Khamzat was a pretty big favourite in all those fights. The fact he was like -550 vs the #2 ranked WW was absurd. I can go find any fight & find examples of some Sherdog members thinking the heavy favourite was going to lose or get exposed, doesn't mean it reflects the majority. Genuinely laughable that you're acting like no one believed in Khamzat. Heck, show us 1 poll on Sherdog where majority said Khamzat will lose in those 4 fights, you can't

Li was ranked 11 at the time. So yeah I used "top" to mean "top 10". And yes, back then people absolutely said he'd get exposed when he fought someone near the top 10.

Multiple people said Kevin was the "true" top fighter of 2020 (his best year for sure). The "everyone knew" line is a bit revisionist like the "no knees" bullshit. No one said Kamaru had no knees when he was champ, but I guess losing an extremely close decision to Leon conveniently made his knees explode days before fighting Khamzat.

More of the same dismissal bullshit. Just like how everyone is now saying Holland had no chance and Kamaru had no knees is goalpost moving bullshit. Next up is Robert (worst stylistic match in the either WW or MW by the way) is a WW bum / quickly tossing his legacy in the toilet rather than acknowledge how big of a deal it'd be if Khamzat wins.

My favourite part is that Chimaev is a bum but because they are so scared he will run over Whittaker now Whittaker has apparently been turned into a bum as well. And if Whittaker isn't a bum, then how he hell is Chimaev expected to run through him since he's a bum himself?? They are really spinning their brains on this one..

Genuinely laughable that you're acting like no one believed in Khamzat. Heck, show us 1 poll on Sherdog where majority said Khamzat will lose in those 4 fights, you can't
You are repeatedly pegging my position as something it is not. My point was anti-Khamzat posters (regardless of what % of the total population they represent) move goal posts for every opponent he's had. Then I painted a history lesson to highlight the fact they are doing the SAME goddamn thing with Whittaker.

Step off the hill about them being a majority... we aren't arguing anything because I never said they were the majority. I said repeatedly in this thread they are a very vocal, obnoxious minority. Like all things low-IQ, their % jumped when they followed the lead of the organization, or more precisely when the UFC blamed Khamzat for them fucking up 271.
My favourite part is that Chimaev is a bum but because they are so scared he will run over Whittaker now Whittaker has apparently been turned into a bum as well. And if Whittaker isn't a bum, then how he hell is Chimaev expected to run through him since he's a bum himself?? They are really spinning their brains on this one..
Yup that is pretty much why I made the thread. I saw overnight the same guys that said he'd never dare fight any top MW then switch on a dime and say Whittaker is a bum trying to preempt a possible upcoming Khamzat win. Disgusting.

Bro it's been 4 years and dude hasn't sniffed a title shot. We're still acting like he's new? And still has a hype train? That train stopped years ago pulling over at 7-11 for beer and snacks with Till.
This/next year he's a ufc veteran. There is no longer a such goal post you speak of. It's now just a casual fight between 2 ufc veterans Whitaker vs Khamzat.

Fun post. I’m just happy to see him taking the biggest challenges. Weird that guys don’t think he’s legit. I mean, excuses aside, he beat ranked opponents. That’s pretty legit.

Not sure if he’ll get past Bobby, but I’m looking forward to the fight. It’s nice to see guys challenging themselves against the best.

You are repeatedly pegging my position as something it is not. My point was anti-Khamzat posters (regardless of what % of the total population they represent) move goal posts for every opponent he's had. Then I painted a history lesson to highlight the fact they are doing the SAME goddamn thing with Whittaker.

Step off the hill about them being a majority... we aren't arguing anything because I never said they were the majority. I said repeatedly in this thread they are a very vocal, obnoxious minority. Like all things low-IQ, their % jumped when they followed the lead of the organization, or more precisely when the UFC blamed Khamzat for them fucking up 271.

Yup that is pretty much why I made the thread. I saw overnight the same guys that said he'd never dare fight any top MW then switch on a dime and say Whittaker is a bum trying to preempt a possible upcoming Khamzat win. Disgusting.
Naw, this is still 1 of the dumbest threads on Sherdog. Can you show me a fight where there is isn't a small minority who have a bad take? By your metric, we should make a thread about every single fighter, because every single fighter has had people doubt them, even when the overwhelming majority say otherwise.

This reminds me, a guy made a reel on IG that no one believed in Khamzat, after he beat Burns. In what universe is a -550 favourite someone whom no one believed could beat Burns? That's how delusional this thread is. Laughably bad thread by a longtime member, expect this from a new troll account LOL

He's definitely the biggest waste of star potential in the history of the UFC. The UFC were primed to push him and market him like crazy, but then he just stopped fighting.. Part of the issue is that he was extremely overrated though, once he got a step up in competition he really started to struggle, and it seems like that scared him away a bit. Good chance he retires without ever getting a belt.

So you're just rambling. And crying about what some people said. Embarrassing.

You can't even show proof of what you're bitching about. Moving on.

This, he was supposed to run through Usman cause he's old, has no knees, took the fight on 10 days notice and arguably didn't even win(he didn't lose though). I don't think the goalpost has been moved that much on him to be honest, he just has a shit load of casual fans that don't watch the sport much and overrated the shit out of him. He's still a very good fighter but this idea that he was going to be a double champ was never based on reality.
Usman won rds 2 and 3. Hugging on someone shouldn't get you a 10-8. So no way the 1st was a 10-8. But we all know about those corrupt judges. Just like how the canadians judges didn't want some anti woke white male to win in Strickland, they also wanted a minority to win so they gave it to Khaz over Us. But Usman won, 2-1, with bum knees on 10 days notice.

Usman won rds 2 and 3. Hugging on someone shouldn't get you a 10-8. So no way the 1st was a 10-8. But we all know about those corrupt judges. Just like how the canadians judges didn't want some anti woke white male to win in Strickland, they also wanted a minority to win so they gave it to Khaz over Us. But Usman won, 2-1, with bum knees on 10 days notice.
Round 1 was a 10-8 Usman did pretty much nothing. You don't have to beat the shit out of someone to get a 10-8 just dominate via grappling or striking which he did and the less your opponent does the easier it should be to get a 10-8.

I had it 28-28.

Round 1 was a 10-8 Usman did pretty much nothing. You don't have to beat the shit out of someone to get a 10-8 just dominate via grappling or striking which he did and the less your opponent does the easier it should be to get a 10-8.

I had it 28-28.
10-8s should only be about damage. Who cares if one guy is sniffing crotch if there isn't much damage.

Not to mention a lot of people supposedly think Costa would beat Khamzat, but Whittaker coming of an impressive win over a Costa who looked sharper than ever is past it. Lol

10-8s should only be about damage. Who cares if one guy is sniffing crotch if there isn't much damage.

That's not what the rules say and it's always been that way. What you are suggesting is that they change the rules so that grappling and striking aren't scored equally and that's not what MMA is about and never has been. Having someone's back an entire round while they can't do anything but survive and defend submission attempts has always been a 10-8 round and always should be. If you can't do anything offensively and your opponent gets 1-2 near finishes while dominating you and having you constantly in danger of being finished if you make 1 mistake should always be a 10-8.

You don't seem to understand grappling whatsoever.

I've honestly never seen anything like this.

BEFORE: "He will be exposed the second he fights someone towards the top of the division. So much hype"
THEN: *steamrolls Li without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Li sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real WW!"
THEN: *beats top 3 Burns who is a stylistic nightmare in a FOTY*
AFTER: "lol Burns is a LW and should have won"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."
THEN: *steamrolls Kevin without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Kevin sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kamaru is so much better. Khamzat has no way to win."
THEN: *one fight removed from an extremely close WW title fight, long-time dominant WW champ with the best TDD in the whole UFC gets soundly outgrappled for the first time in his life / loses decision*
AFTER: "lol Kamaru sucks / is a WW / lol he has no knees / he is 80 years old"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real MW!"
THEN: *Costa pulls out*
AFTER: "lol Khamzat doesn't fight!"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real MW!"
MY GUESS "THEN": Khamzat wins vs the former MW champ / top 5 MW figher / stylistic nightmare
MY GUESS "AFTER": "lol Rob sucks / he was a WW / he is 80 years old"

I know haters have existed since the sport began but I've never seen so much goal-post-moving for a single fighter in the sport's history. Can you think of anything in MMA history that rivals this level of psychosis or shameless goalpost moving?
Prime can be a truly subjective thing but claiming Usman in hi prime of utilizing his wrestling to make Khamzat look greater is some horse shit

That's not what the rules say and it's always been that way. What you are suggesting is that they change the rules so that grappling and striking aren't scored equally and that's not what MMA is about and never has been. Having someone's back an entire round while they can't do anything but survive and defend submission attempts has always been a 10-8 round and always should be. If you can't do anything offensively and your opponent gets 1-2 near finishes while dominating you and having you constantly in danger of being finished if you make 1 mistake should always be a 10-8.

You don't seem to understand grappling whatsoever.
Damage trumps all. Was round 1 of Jan/Alex a 10-8 for Jan? LMAO Just because you sniffing crotch the whole round don't make it a 10-8.

Back