Is Kevin Lee the worst match up for Khabib?

His wrestling seems very high level, Barboza had no answer to it. Kevin was even taking down Ferguson at will, albeit tapped to Ferguson’s elite submission skills.

Could it be that this type of fighter who also has decent stand up skills would have a good shot at being Khabib?
Yes, Khabib's greatest nemesis will be another 200lber who has a hard time, like him, making weight. Yes, those two 200lbers should fight for the 155lb strap.

Lol. The guy who most recently had a good performance is always the next nightmare matchup

I don't think Lee's style is nearly the worst possible style for Khabib. It is interesting in a way that maybe Khabib can't take Lee down, or at least not take him down reliably. On the other hand, Lee is more likely to engage Khabib in the type of fight Khabib is great at.

Worst possible match up IMO is somebody with extremely good foot work and TDD. Somebody that creates angles to hit Khabib from when he comes in, who Khabib can't get down and can't punch. Imagine if Barboza had better boxing so there would be more danger in pressuring him like Khabib did.

Lee is hittable and has been rocked more than once.
That being said, it is an interesting fight. Maybe Lee could beat Khabib standing, maybe Lee can stop Khabibs takedowns. Though I have not seen much of Khabibs defensive wrestling (hmm I guess he did kind of lose against that gigantic dude who used to fight at LW before USADA, hardly remember the fight tbh)his grappling over all is great enough for me to favor Khabib going in to the fight.

Though I have not seen much of Khabibs defensive wrestling (hmm I guess he did kind of lose against that gigantic dude who used to fight at LW before USADA, hardly remember the fight tbh)his grappling over all is great enough for me to favor Khabib going in to the fight.
Tibau? 100% Natty

The counter to this though is how good is Lee off of his back? that's always a big question mark with wrestlers for me.

I think Mike Chandler destroys khabib in the first.

If Lee fought Khabib I imagine he would just keep it standing.
So not sure if his offensive wrestling would be a factor.
It all depends on his wrestling defense, which I haven't seen enough of to judge.

I just think Lee vs Barboza further improves Tony's case.
Good striking. Dangerous off his back (allthough many think sub attempts will be useless against Khabib, I think they at least can make Khabib be a bit more careful than usually) and great stamina.
Lol. The guy who most recently had a good performance is always the next nightmare matchup
So true. Last week people were arguing for a Dustin title shot and now it's all about Lee.

(But I don't recall anyone calling Dustin a nightmare matchup for Khabib though)

Kevin Lee would have to lose 2 more pounds before he could face Khabib. Khabib would outwrestle and probably submit Lee.

Nah, that's the guy who just finished Lee, Tony Ferguson. Pity we'll never see him and Khabib mix it up.

Lee won't beat Alvarez. Lee vs. Poirier could go either way. Al Iaquinta is still a bad matchup for Lee, make no bones about it. All you have to able to do with Kevin Lee is stuff a takedown, at any point in the fight, and land something big in the melee and he's in major trouble.

Khabib is better everywhere. He will wreck Kevin, it won't be competitive. Conor and Ferguson are the only two that can beat Khabib, Conor due to having supreme standup and Ferg due to having a sick bottom game and exceptional cardio. And Id still favor Khabib over both. You don't go 26-0 without having been in trouble and not losing a round unless you are something special. Khabib is special, Kevin is not.
Lee definitely would get wrecked. Tony would also get wrecked. Tony is no wizard on the bottom where khabib would put him. Most of his subs are from top not bottom & khabib would be too much. I don't even care to mention the conor match, because it's not happening. Conor won't fight again he's done

Last edited:
His wrestling seems very high level, Barboza had no answer to it. Kevin was even taking down Ferguson at will, albeit tapped to Ferguson’s elite submission skills.

Could it be that this type of fighter who also has decent stand up skills would have a good shot at being Khabib?
People need to wake up. Lee would get smashed against khabib. He's beat no-one. If he rematched chiesa he would lose

Khabib in would love this matchup.

Khabib is the better grappler, and taller than Kevin Lee.

Ferguson is a tougher matchup, K.Lee is second.

(hmm I guess he did kind of lose against that gigantic dude who used to fight at LW before USADA, hardly remember the fight tbh)his grappling over all is great enough for me to favor Khabib going in to the fight.
Who is this gigantic dude you speak of

Just let them bang and we'll find out. If not then Lee vs Alvarez or something...

Conor is the worst matchup due to his timing, accuracy and power on the feet. Khabib is also a horrible matchup for conor too as he would get mauled on his back, which is why everyone wants to see that fight. They both have such glaring weaknesses where the other one is strongest...
Behind Conor its hard to say. I was never sold on the idea of Tony being a threat to Khabib. He gets taken down by guys with wrestling nowhere near as good as Khabib and is too happy to just chill and work on the bottom. Couldnt do that with Khabib whose top control and understanding of positions is far too elite....
I think both the Alvarez and Lee fights are interesting cause i think they are the only 2 Khabib struggles to get on the Mat if he needs to. Considering Khabib still could probably outstrike Kevin Lee though with that jab, Eddie is the one i see with the best chance of beating him
KHABIB MAULS POIRIER

Been saying this for ages (since Trinaldo), that Kevin Lee will wreck Khabib.

I will be very, very surprised if anyone beats him in the grappling facet of his game. His only kryptonite is someone who is great off their back like Ferguson, as you can never rest with him below you.

Khabib isn't a pure wrestler. What he does can't be called wrestling. He more like incorporates some of his sambo with Judo & maximum of his takedowns comes from upper body trips that you use to to get to see in Judo.

While Kevin is a pure Freestyle & also folkstyle wrestler. His single & double legs are technically more sound than Khabib's chain wrestling. He also has moderate BJJ & definitely better at striking than Khabib. His top control is more vicious than Khabib and also can fight off his back.

IMO he is the kryptonite for Khabib.

He's not definitely better at striking than khabib, not in MMA anyways. Al aiquinta had his way with Lee on the feet and barboza put Lee on ice skates--khabib easily out struck both of those guys without ever being in danger.

Lee might look like the better striker aesthetically, but khabib has been the more effective striker through out his career both in terms of offense and defense.

Back