Is Judo ever shown outside of the Olympic games?

T

The Technical

I mean, if ESPN and NBC show things like poker and racing, shouldn't they show Judo and/or Wrestling? I was annoyed at the fact that last year during the Olympics, they gave more exposure to crappy things like rowing than Judo and Wrestling. Thanks in advanced for your replies...

Sadly, since the masses don't understand Judo and Wrestling, it doesn't get much airplay. In wrestling especially scoring can get kind of complicated, leaving the uninformed viewer confused. A simple sport such as rowing is easier for the average viewer to follow, since it is simply a race. If you want to see more wrestling (collegiate) check with your local cable/satellite provider and see if they carry the College Sports Network or any of the regional Fox Sports networks. During the collegiate wrestling season they show a substantial amount of dual meets and tournaments.

the previous post pretty much says the truth, people find it borig and don't want to watch it, lots of people do but the majority don't.

I've seen university championships on CBC, unfortunately I was busy when they were on, but they were sweet.

They show European and World Championships on Eurosport.

Back