• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Jon Jones the best fighter we've ever seen

Jones is the best, agree?

• Total voters
I legit think its Mighty Mouse.

Voted - Close

I think Mighty Mouse has a better chance of beating Cody than Jones does of beating Stipe.

All fighters should have an instant point deduction for eye pokes, even if they're accidental. Warnings should be for fingers outstretched even before any poking. Second eye poke is a DQ.

Without that to keep his opponents at bay, someone would have clocked this guy by now.

he's not even top tier skill wise.

His OSP and Gus fight proved it, he's heavily reliant on roids. The Marion Jones of MMA.

If you ignore his cheats, he's a top 10 fighter sure, but not champ.

If we want to forget the PED's then we have to evaluate him as a fighter given his one performance we know he was clean- the one with OSP.

So, no. He's not the best fighter. Given the criteria he's not even memorable.

How do you come to the conclusion that the OSP fight was the only fight that he was clean? I'm genuinely interested in your logic here.

I'm proud of Sherdog for the majority of us voting no.

I can't really describe how I feel when I see people commenting on the front pages saying "steroids didn't give Jones abilities".

As much as he chats absolute shit most of the time, one thing that Chael Sonnen is, is honest about his drug use. Listen to him talking about juicing and the benefits it gives you. You punch harder, you recover quicker, you have more energy, you retain muscle mass better, you have that hunger and that alpha mindset.

Jones without doubt has a great level of natural ability, a great build for the division, a high fight IQ, fantastic well-rounded MMA skills, a great presence and an iron chin. He has all those things without steroids. But the steroids give him SUCH a huge boost that it's impossible to separate his performances and ultimately his legacy from the cheating.

he is incredibly overrated. he fought past-prime fighters in the weakest division, cheated in literally every fight and still managed to have close fights. not to mention his steroid use

Feeble attempt at revisionist history
Shogun 29: year old champ
Rashad 3: 1 recent LHW champ 1 career loss to champ
Lyoto 31: 1 career loss to champ
Rampage 33: recent champ
Texiera 22 win streak
TRT Vitor was knocking out current champs
Sonnen 1 mw contender who was given better odds of beating Jones than Gus

Im not even sure what correct weight class means for proffesional fighters who were recent champs in a division, but the only person who struggled to make weight was DC which would imply he was not in the correct weight class

EVERYONE regardless of records became "beyond their prime" after losing to Jones. Even though they were next Jones killer before the encounter
Shogun, 3 surgeries and has never been the same

Rashad MW

Lyoto MW

Rampage, old AF in fight years and had been in wars, nobody expected him to win that fight

Vitir lol at using this as a good win at 205. MW and way past his prime

Sonnen should have never fought at LHW let alone a title shot. And vastly overrated

Texera is a decent win I guess but it's nothing to brag about

No, we've yet to see him fight more than 1 guy in his entire career close to the same size.
The incredible physical advantages he had cannot be overlooked.

probably the best PED user.

Eh never a fan but i don't care he popped or did coke either.

In his division and below by all means yes.

Heavyweights would beat him today or in his prime, so nope.

Mighty Mouse is the best.

That's just how it is.

Yes. He is the most complete and inteteligent fighter in mma. MM might be better but midgets.

First thought was no, then I thought it might be close.

Still went with no.

Rashad MW

Lyoto MW

Rampage, old AF in fight years and had been in wars, nobody expected him to win that fight

Sonnen should have never fought at LHW let alone a title shot. And vastly overrated

Rashad MW

Lyoto MW

Oh okay your new to mma

Context is important!

Let me break it down for you

Shogun was LHW champion, he beat the undefeated Machida his best performance in a sanctioned organization

Rashad and Lyoto were Light Heavy Weight champs, thats champions BEFORE they moved to MW after Jones destroyed them
Both of them had fought HW prior to LHW

Both of them were Light Heavywieight ChAMPIONS, further both of them were on a tear destroying LHW before they got their championships.
They were LHW champions before Jones ended their careers and they have to move to MW infact they shared two career losses together

Vitor was HW and LHW champ at one point and after Jones knocked out Rockhold and Bisping who were the concurrent and current MW champs

No one expected Gus to win, Sonnen and Rampage had BETTER odds to beats him.

If you just got into mma you can easily look up records and context even on this forum!!

Can't forget the cheats bro.

Invalid thread.

Please stop with this shit. Most of peoples favorite fighters were on PED's back in the pride days it was even in their contracts..How many fans would be history if they kicked out big names such as Wanderlei, Hendo, Overeem, Anderson Silva, Vitor etc etc.. 85% of pro mma fighters are taking some sort of PED or have in the past fucking get real. Jon is just a fucking idiot and got caught. Steroids don't give him talent, they give him better recovery and allow him to work harder to mold his body into what he wants it to be they didn't make him into the fighter he is. Steroids didn't kick the shit out of DC, Jon Jones did

Back