Is John Dodson making TUF history?

2500 posts and you make this thread? mind blowing.

how can he be making history when its already been done before, and not that long back? if it was like a decade then fair enough but come on. the whole MAKING UFC HISTORY bull shit is thrown around way too much.

and hey lets face it... ''making ufc history'' is doing something that people will talk about for the next 10 years. fedors massive run, overeem winning the k1 gp, zuffa buying pride, jon jones destruction.

are you actually telling me that in 10 years you will say ''hey remember when dodson was the first guy from tuf since season 5 to fight for a title?'' if soooo.. you probably have way too much time on your hands

Another TUF history in the making: The first fighter from TUF to fight for the title, that is 3" from being a legal midget

The problem is TUF keep going Lightweight and Welterweight because they are the stronger weight classes but that means that the winners have a tougher task on their hands when they get to the UFC.

Next TUF after Sonnen-Jones, Tate-Rousey coaching Flyweights.

What season were Maynard, Diaz, Lauzon etc on? It's really dropped off since then. But the similarity is that was the season where they were bringing back 155. Anytime there is a new weight class we will see a season of TUFFers that contend.

What season were Maynard, Diaz, Lauzon etc on? It's really dropped off since then. But the similarity is that was the season where they were bringing back 155. Anytime there is a new weight class we will see a season of TUFFers that contend.

Season 5.

Yeah, Dodson is making history. The first title fight I get to see live!

This!

Not only was that season the most entertaining in a while, it has produced some excellent talent.

It's definitely because the lower weight classes are thinner and haven't been used on TUF before. Although it was at a different weight class, Dodson was already ranked in the top 10 by Sherdog before the season.

Dodson, Brandao, Bermudez, Dillashaw, and Bedford have all looked legit so far. Even Brimage, who wasn't particularly promising on TUF has been really impressive against stiff competition.

probably but I think the fact that the UFC just recently opened up to his weight class makes it a little less impressive, fewer established fighters at that weight to go through to get there.

In his defense, he's still coming off a brutal KO win over someone who people thought to be the #1 Flyweight in the world for awhile.

The UFC hasn't had a fighter win TUF and go on to make it to a title shot since like season 5? Its been a long time since TUF has produced a legitimate fighter. Is he the 1st in years?
get the fuck out troll.

In his defense, he's still coming off a brutal KO win over someone who people thought to be the #1 Flyweight in the world for awhile.

Oh I don't doubt he has the skills, just saying had the division been around longer and been more established it's a lot more likely a guy just coming off of TUF would have had a longer climb up the ladder before getting high profile fights that put you into contention.

Oh I don't doubt he has the skills, just saying had the division been around longer and been more established it's a lot more likely a guy just coming off of TUF would have had a longer climb up the ladder before getting high profile fights that put you into contention.
opposed to ian mccall who was granted a #1 contender fight for... BEATING FORMIGA. jesus fuckign christ.

the division has very few fighters. how many wins was he supposed to get?

Back