Is John Dodson making TUF history?

redtracker03

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC hasn't had a fighter win TUF and go on to make it to a title shot since like season 5? Its been a long time since TUF has produced a legitimate fighter. Is he the 1st in years?

probably but I think the fact that the UFC just recently opened up to his weight class makes it a little less impressive, fewer established fighters at that weight to go through to get there.

probably but I think the fact that the UFC just recently opened up to his weight class makes it a little less impressive, fewer established fighters at that weight to go through to get there.
Yeah that's true. I forgot he's down to 125 now

the majority of his division is in the top 10 lol they started 10 months ago with 11 fighters and now have grown to a whopping 15

shouldn't be too hard to climb the ladder at Flyweight

3rd black fighter vs black fighter for championship. 1st at FlyWeight and 1st not in the LHW

..could be wrong

Rampage/jones, jones/evans. Who am I missing?

None, only 2 so far so this will be number three :D

Edit: damn kid fury you're fast.
Edit2: that's what she said.

Last edited:
seeing as nate diaz just fought for the belt last month, no.

I thought Dodson had a really hard time with Tim Elliot. It was really competitive. I wonder whos gonna have the grappling advantage in this one. Both striking looks crisp. I smell a split decision coming

3rd black fighter vs black fighter for championship. 1st at FlyWeight and 1st not in the LHW

..could be wrong

I was just thinking that. Wow. Hasn't been any black on black crime for that gold strap in a while.

Its not like Dodson was some no-name before tuf though; hard to say tuf "produced him." He produced himself.

they need names people know to help this new division hence why he has a title shot so early

they need names people know to help this new division hence why he has a title shot so early
Nah, he's always been a top flyweight. Plus, he just beat the number three guy. It's a deserved title shot.

Back