Is Jimmy Butler the most toxic player in the NBA?

Probably not the most toxic, but a case could be made for Demarcus Cousins. He's about as self serving as they come.

Honestly I was glad when the Bulls got rid of Butler. People always bag on that trade, but getting LaVine, Dunn and Markkanen wasn't a bad haul at all. All three of those guys have played well for the Bulls. Unfortunately the team hasn't put all the pieces together yet and I don't see Dunn being a long term answer for anything, but they aren't any worse without Butler.

funt.jpg

Dennis Rodman, Charles Barkley, Meta World Peace. They caused drama for everyone not just teammates.

Rodman and Barkley were the shit though. Id love to have both in their primes on my team.

Take Draymond off the Warriors and they're a bunch of shooters running around without shots.

Draymond is the lynchpin of that team. He's the MVP of the Warriors. The man is a goddamn locksmith of the key.

They had their most capable stand-in with Javale McGee, ironically, who everyone liked to mock, but now appreciate when they have seen his utility in LA. This is the alchemy that makes up team sports. Durant might be the best player on the Warriors, but he's only the third most important to team success-- maybe 4th in other years (Klay isn't playing well). Draymond and Steph are unquestionably the most important elements to their champion stoichiometry.

He's worth every ounce of "drama". I think Woldog is right about Butler. He has all the earmarks of a toxic prima donna.

I always wonder about this. I've heard this before but I still am not convinced. I do think they need Draymond's toughness and ability to switch on defense. However I think you could find players similar to him in the league and not deal with all the drama that comes with him (and his mom). I just think if the Warriors had to pick between him or KD I'd pick KD 100% of the time.

I still think Steph, Klay, and KD would be OK without Draymond. But he'd be nothing without Steph IMO.

I guess there is no way to know for sure unless Draymond would leave. I think KD will leave and get together with Kahwi somewhere in the offseason though. I hope KD stays in Oakland.......err San Francisco though.

Youd all cream your pants if Draymond signed to your team lol.

He is rightfully a hated villain, but he is damn good and legitimately lol @ him being a cancer to the team. He is one of their stronger leaders if anything.

Probably not the most toxic, but a case could be made for Demarcus Cousins. He's about as self serving as they come.

Cousins has the emotional stability of an 8 year old. I honestly believe that he's playing out a real life version of that Tom Hanks movie BIG.

I always wonder about this. I've heard this before but I still am not convinced. I do think they need Draymond's toughness and ability to switch on defense. However I think you could find players similar to him in the league and not deal with all the drama that comes with him (and his mom). I just think if the Warriors had to pick between him or KD I'd pick KD 100% of the time.

I still think Steph, Klay, and KD would be OK without Draymond. But he'd be nothing without Steph IMO.

I guess there is no way to know for sure unless Draymond would leave. I think KD will leave and get together with Kahwi somewhere in the offseason though. I hope KD stays in Oakland.......err San Francisco though.
Who? Gobert? Whiteside?

Those are the only two defensive powerhouses with somewhat similar skillsets who aren't already on chucker teams, but can't win shit, and they can't space the floor the way Draymond does on offense.

Maybe the closest thing to Draymond's skillset I've seen in the past decade was a prime Ibaka, but he had all the talent in the world around him on OKC, and he couldn't win a damn thing.
Then again, in Ibaka's defense, Scott Brooks is probably the worst coach of all time

Who? Gobert? Whiteside?

Those are the only two defensive powerhouses with somewhat similar skillsets who aren't already on chucker teams, but can't win shit, and they can't space the floor the way Draymond does on offense.

Maybe the closest thing to Draymond's skillset I've seen in the past decade was a prime Ibaka, but he had all the talent in the world around him on OKC, and he couldn't win a damn thing.
Then again, in Ibaka's defense, Scott Brooks is probably the worst coach of all time

Draymond doesn't do anything as well as Myles Turner.

JR Smif is up there for most toxic.

Last edited:
Who? Gobert? Whiteside?

Al Horford maybe? He has/was never in the running for being the top defender in the league (though I think Green is a tad overrated in that department) but they are both point forwards that can play big and provide good defense.

Draymond doesn't do anything as well as Myles Turner.

JR Smif is up there for most toxic.
The Henny Ambassador isn't toxic, he's just lazy and of questionable intelligence.

Youd all cream your pants if Draymond signed to your team lol.

He is rightfully a hated villain, but he is damn good and legitimately lol @ him being a cancer to the team. He is one of their stronger leaders if anything.
Then why did his organization side with KD?

Solid choice but I think his new teammate edges him out here

demarcus-cousins.jpg

Both the Kings and Pelicans instantly improved after losing him; in the Kings case they traded him for far less than equal talent and the Pelicans lost him for nothing

Didn't read the thread but probably Magic Johnson.

Dude has HIV, is legit biohazardous.

Also destroyed the Lakers rebuild and compiled a team of Gonzo, Rondo, Lance Stephenson, and JeFail Mcgee. SMH.

Jimmy Butler screaming "you fucking need me" to his team in the Wolves practice was extremely gay. He lost me at that point.

The entire NBA is so fucking lame. It has been lame for at least ten years now. It's a bitchy, floppy, dumbass 3pt shot competition with no defense or manhood whatsoever.

FUCK the NBA.

Who? Gobert? Whiteside?

Fatsol has won a DPOY and can spread the floor better and is a slicker passer than Trayvon imo

Jimmy Butler screaming "you fucking need me" to his team in the Wolves practice was extremely gay. He lost me at that point.

The entire NBA is so fucking lame. It has been lame for at least ten years now. It's a bitchy, floppy, dumbass 3pt shot competition with no defense or manhood whatsoever.

FUCK the NBA.
Amen.

Especially when the team is 4-9 with you (4-8 not counting the loss on his "rest night" for butthurt issues), and then 18-15 since you left.

Nobody needs that.

Who? Gobert? Whiteside?

Pascal Siakam is the closest to dray skill wise I'm terms of hustle, ability to switch and defend 5 positions and play making. What pascal lacks in vocal on court leadership he makes up for in speed, length, and ball handling. This isn't just some raptor fan making comparisons. Lowe, and Simmons were comparing him to Draymond last season before he became the leading candidate for MIP.

Then why did his organization side with KD?
Way to see what you want to see. The guy who acted like an ass got suspended. No one picked sides.

Back