Is Jimmy Butler the most toxic player in the NBA?

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Everywhere Jimmy Butler goes drama follows. At the Bulls after a few seasons he thought he was the top dog playing second fiddle to an injured Derrick Rose. He left and ends up at the Timberwolves where he seemed to think he was the best player (if you ask me KAT was but that's not important) the moment Derrick Rose got signed by the team, the drama started and he requested a trade. After 2 months he ends up at the 76ers and immediately the start to have dramas with team chemistry and issues in the squad I can only assume that it's because Jimmy Butler came in and wants to be the top dog yet again (Ben Simmons already has that honor if you ask me).
Is there any other player that generates more drama within a team than Jimmy Butler?

i

Dennis Rodman, Charles Barkley, Meta World Peace. They caused drama for everyone not just teammates.

would have been Terrell Owens if he played ball

I came here to post this.... At least Jimmy Butler is an all around all-star caliber player. Take Draycan off the Warriors and he's basically Andre Roberson with a bad attitude.

I came here to post this.... At least Jimmy Butler is an all around all-star caliber player. Take Draycan off the Warriors and he's basically Andre Roberson with a bad attitude.
Deep srs, I'll take a healthy Roberson over Dumbman anytime

Lol Gaymond sucks so fucking bad. He’s just a dirty player who hustles. Watching him with the ball is comedy. People itt probably have better handles.

I'm a big warriors fan and live in the Bay Area. I'm sick of Draymond's attitude. They say he's the straw that stirs the drink for the Warriors b/c he allows them to play small ball b/c he can guard all 5 positions (unless the C is huge or the guard is too fast) and adds toughness.
But lately he's been getting way too cocky and thinking he's more important than he is. If he chases away KD a lot of poeple will be pissed. It's much easier to find a junk yard dog like Draymond and find an enforcer than it is to find a 7 footer who can move and shoot like KD.
If Steph and Klay (and coach Kerr) weren't there Green would ruin that locker room. We are lucky there is a strong vet presence there.

Lol Gaymond sucks so fucking bad. He’s just a dirty player who hustles. Watching him with the ball is comedy. People itt probably have better handles.
Wasn't he so shook recently by no one being in his face he passed up a wide open three a couple days ago?

Dennis Rodman, Charles Barkley, Meta World Peace. They caused drama for everyone not just teammates.
This is a stupid answer.
Dennis was the physical rock of both the Pistons and Bulls.
Barkley was a phenomenon and a leader of men. He just didn't compromise.
Meta had his problems, but he was also a leader and team player and knew when to step away.

Being an asshole doesn't mean you're "Toxic"

This is a stupid answer.
Dennis was the physical rock of both the Pistons and Bulls.
Barkley was a phenomenon and a leader of men. He just didn't compromise.
Meta had his problems, but he was also a leader and team player and knew when to step away.

Being an asshole doesn't mean you're "Toxic"
If there's a "line" so to speak... Rodman would step over it... Barkley would put a foot on the other side... the problem with Meta/Artest (didn't he change his name back recently?) was with the Harden elbow and Malice and the Palace he went way WAY over the line.

If there's a "line" so to speak... Rodman would step over it... Barkley would put a foot on the other side... the problem with Meta/Artest (didn't he change his name back recently?) was with the Harden elbow and Malice and the Palace he went way WAY over the line.
Yeah, that's not the question

Yeah, that's not the question
Had dumb and pressed "post" before I was done.

Feel like Artest falls under the "potentially" toxic in the sense you never know when he'll become a headache and cause a massive distraction. I know if I played I'd rather play with guys LIKE Rodman and Barkley over Artest, Draymond, or Butler personally. Maybe not a numbers perspective but the other shit.

Take Draymond off the Warriors and they're a bunch of shooters running around without shots.

Draymond is the lynchpin of that team. He's the MVP of the Warriors. The man is a goddamn locksmith of the key.

They had their most capable stand-in with Javale McGee, ironically, who everyone liked to mock, but now appreciate when they have seen his utility in LA. This is the alchemy that makes up team sports. Durant might be the best player on the Warriors, but he's only the third most important to team success-- maybe 4th in other years (Klay isn't playing well). Draymond and Steph are unquestionably the most important elements to their champion stoichiometry.

He's worth every ounce of "drama". I think Woldog is right about Butler. He has all the earmarks of a toxic prima donna.

Take Draymond off the Warriors and they're a bunch of shooters running around without shots.

Draymond is the lynchpin of that team. He's the MVP of the Warriors. The man is a goddamn locksmith of the key.

They had their most capable stand-in with Javale McGee, ironically, who everyone liked to mock, but now appreciate when they have seen his utility in LA. This is the alchemy that makes up team sports. Durant might be the best player on the Warriors, but he's only the third most important to team success-- maybe 4th in other years (Klay isn't playing well). Draymond and Steph are unquestionably the most important elements to their champion stoichiometry.

He's worth every ounce of "drama". I think Woldog is right about Butler. He has all the earmarks of a toxic prima donna.

McGee only got made fun of because of Shaqtin, but LA fans love him because they see the 99% of his games not is 1% that makes the Shaqtin highlight reel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back