Is it worth it for DJ to even be an mma fighter?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude looks like he's about 4'8. He will never get any respect. He's making at most 300k per fight. As someone who is as dedicated and as hard working as he is, I don't doubt that he could be making more money if he actually decided to venture into some other business.

The perks of being an mma fighter is the respect, the recognition, and the money. He will not receive any of these 3 being in the flyweight division. On the other hand, he gets everything bad that comes with being an mma fighter, such as body breakdown and getting punched in the face. Should DJ become a software engineer instead?

$300k x 3 fights a year average training BJJ and striking and wrestling sounds like a great deal to me.

The catch is having a long term plan after your like 35.....

Dude's getting paid for doing what he loves, I bet he doesn't give a single fook about what we Sherdog losers think about him.

Dude is a king within a division so shallow he looks like a god every time he fights. He makes great money, seems to love what he does, gets recognition from the people that actually matter and has a seemingly great family and a great life. Seems like a pretty spectacular position to be in.

Ts you seem stupid and jealous you probably make minimum wage at some retail thinking about killing yourself

He makes more than most MMA fighters. What the fuck are you taking about.

he barely gets hit. Makes a ton of money and his mma fame allows him to also make a lot of money on twitch doing game streaming. He makes more per fight than most mma fighters make in their career.

Dude looks like he's about 4'8. He will never get any respect. He's making at most 300k per fight. As someone who is as dedicated and as hard working as he is, I don't doubt that he could be making more money if he actually decided to venture into some other business.

You're kidding, right? Do you know how many people work hard and never come close to earning $300,000 a year, let alone just for a fight (which as other posters here have already pointed out is more than 300K a year)?

$300k x 3 fights a year average training BJJ and striking and wrestling sounds like a great deal to me.

this. Wouldn't be mad about a roughly/mill a year payroll. And the guy doesn't typically take a ton of damage, so he'll probably be one of the few capable of still using his body and brain post-career.

it's probably pretty nice being dj

The median household income in the U.S. is just over $51,000 a year. I bet MM makes 20 times that in fight income, bonuses, sponsorships, and whatever revenue stream successful MMA fighters use to buttress their income.

Oh shit, I didn't know you could just decide to be a software engineer if you're a good athelete.

DJ is making extremely good money. There is a short shelf life but he may have already made more than he would have in 40 years at his next best alternative.

I like the Urijah faber route of starting your own gym espically guys with name recognition/champions it won't be hard to get serious pros/amatuers hobbyists etc

Plus you get to keep doing what you love and train the next crop in some cases train guys to become much better than you ever were (ludwig)

300k a fight and imagine the Rebook deal didn't fuck him over.....he had one the bigger sponsors no doubt.

he may make 300k a fight, but fucking his wife is nearly priceless. have you seen that ass?

fuck you and fuck this thread.

tumblr_lw9jdy88eR1qzrblzo1_500.gif

so 3 fights a year 300k each so 900k a year... yeah thats garbage money man... he could totally make more in a cubicle

Back