Is it true you can't charge a electric car with a home outlet?

I googled it and it said you can charge it with a home outlet but a staff member at the house arrest program I'm in said you can't and said that I shouldn't believe everything Google says.

Can you?
Just check with your HOA.

I googled it and it said you can charge it with a home outlet but a staff member at the house arrest program I'm in said you can't and said that I shouldn't believe everything Google says.

Can you?
I googled is that staff member incorrect, it said yes.

Wait wtf you can't charge your car at home? Just lmao. So I gotta go somewhere and sit there for an hour?
<Dany07>

Gas wins again

da-gp12-150ns3.jpg

charge your car with your car.

I used to drive a plug in hybrid. It had an electrical range of around 20 miles when new. With the 220 plug I had installed in the garage it would take about 3 hours to fully charge. I tried charging the vehicle a few times with the 120 plug in and it was charing at about 1 miles an hour.

damn house arrest
got that hard time
rememberdont accept any favors from anybody. you could prolly use a kitchen knife to whittleyour toothbrush into an improvised knife.
i wont judge you for joining a gang but rememberif they want you to put in some work you gotta put in the work, or its ypur ass

I used to drive a plug in hybrid. It had an electrical range of around 20 miles when new. With the 220 plug I had installed in the garage it would take about 3 hours to fully charge. I tried charging the vehicle a few times with the 120 plug in and it was charing at about 1 miles an hour.

Plug in hybrid??

What was it? Never heard of them.

I feel ya on that whole trusting google thing.
I googled the name of "midget phobia" and this came up.
This shit cant be real. FB_IMG_1604230295187.jpg

Electric cars seem like morenof a pain in the ass than its worth

Also indont believe they actually lower our carbon footprint that much

Thr elctricity they charge up with comes from where? A power plant right?

They're a scam. Hydrogen cars are where its at.

You can definitely charge at home. You're shitty American 110v system isn't ideal but it provides enough capacity to charge, just a bit slow.
Lots of your houses have 240v circuits as well, as I understand? For dryers and the like.
That'd do fine for charging faster
All houses have at least 240v coming in you just need an electrician to give you an 240V 60A outlet if you don't have one in the garage. (most don't).

All houses have at least 240v coming in you just need an electrician to give you an 240V 60A outlet if you don't have one in the garage. (most don't).
What is the original rationale behind the 110v primary for the USA?

They really do reduce emissions. The energy supply chain is very complex so you can't draw simple conclusions such as that.
There is so much consumer facing high quality information available a simple google search away.
Don't be a sheeple

Yes. Especially if they are charged by zero emissions nuke solar or wind plants. I'll never buy anything else but electric and I'm a redneck who's had three F350s over my 34 years of driving and waiting on my cybertruck. They are quiet with quick acceleration and almost no maintenance. The whole saving environment for your grandkids thing is just a bonus.

Last edited:

With the electrical power shortages in California, it certainly seems that a large scale switch to electric vehicles would cause even more problems. Charging at night mitigates that somewhat as currently, more power is used during the day but that would change with even 25% of vehicles being electric.

Back