Is it time for Dana to step down?

MR NHB

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's been a really long road; do you think Zuffa should find a more professional spokesman for the sport and brand at this point?

Dana started strong and spry, but has been mentally degrading as of late. Do you think he is still the masterful face of the sport, or should Zuffa go with another representative to push their brand who acts more professional to his fans and the media?

No.

He is the face of the UFC from a business stand point. I'm not too fond of the guy but him and the Fertitta brother did revive the UFC....with Fertitta's money of course.

I don't think any of us have a fucking clue to be quite honest. Though if it was necessary, I'm sure the fertitta's would take care of it.

Oh, and not to mention that he just moved Overeem vs Mir to the HUGE card on Superbowl weekend. A loser-leaves-town bout is now on the biggest card of the year....where's the strategic sense in that?

And give up his millions and millions while his fighters earn slave like wages? Umm absolutely not.

Without Dana at the helm the UFC may have disappeared a long time ago, so no, I hope he sticks around for a while.

would you allow dana to stay if he quit swearing?

How dare the president of a fighting organization use the F word. think of the kids!

Can you cite some examples of this "mental degradation?"

A lot of good points here so I feel this should be posted in this thread

Ok, after being an MMA fan for 18 years, and a forum member for 11 years, I finally have to speak out on Dana.

After polarizing the sport and making it successful, I feel it's time to move Dana out of the spotlight and bring in someone who will help legitimize the surge of making this a bigger sport. Dana just has too many "cutting, edgy qualities."

-Cool, bro.....you say fuck a lot, we get it.
-You wanna tangle with your former fighters and talk endless shit about any other MMA org making any noise.
-You celebrate the demise or buy-out of another MMA org.
-You continuously lie and bend truths concerning pay and longevity of fighters career's
-You've discredited the careers of almost EVERY former UFC great (aside Liddell and Hughes) such as BOTH Shamrocks, Ortiz, Couture, Sylvia, Arlovski, Tanner, Rampage, and even active fighter Vitor Belfort....someone who's like 12-7 in The UFC since the 90's.
-We fans that dont agree with any Zuffa moves are now "fucking idiots." That speaks for itself.

The UFC is so, so much more than Dana White. He is the controversial face of the UFC brand, but overall a cancer to MMA as a sport. I understand that the UFC has to make money and promote the dominance of it's brand, but for God's sake, do it with someone calm, professional and thoughtful like Bjorn Rebney. Bellator may have a weaker brand with (lol) "ZERO VALUE"....but they have a lead man who is a very centered and realistic man....as the UFC's Dana kind of comes off as a rebellious, spoiled teenager with an ego.
;)

And I wouldn't miss dana if he was gone

lol at Dana being a cancer to the sport...

hes like the opposite of that

Without Dana at the helm the UFC may have disappeared a long time ago, so no, I hope he sticks around for a while.

That statement is totally disregarding his recent rampage of disparaging remarks and vocalization of the brand and its talent.

What other promoter/CEO of its own company talks shit and ridicules it's own talent like Dana? Especially when it's the "premiere platform for the world best MMA fighters to fight and prove themselves?"

You must be a little touched in the head. Why? Why would you even start this thread unless it was to troll people. His sheer will has done so much for that organization, you don't even know...

Disagree, there are times when I can't stand Dana but then I watch smaller organizations and the people representing those shows are absolutely cringe worthy, I think anyone they could find to replace Dana would end up being far worse, grass is always greener on the other side type of situation

lol at Dana being a cancer to the sport...

hes like the opposite of that

You sure about that?

lol....he commands his orgs platforms and talks shit about any other "MMA" being unimportant and worthless.

please tell me how that is helpful to the entire (multi-national) sport of MMA?

I think he should be told to tone it down a bit and try to act a little more professional. He goes over the top quite often when it's completely unnecessary, solely because he has an ego problem and likes to talk shit. If I'm Lorenzo Fertitta I'm certainly not letting Dana put his ego before the brand like that.

Back