• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it socially acceptable for over 30s men to be overweight?

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't feel any pressure or insecurity about being overweight unlike back then. My gut sticks out a bit but still put a smile on my face. So, I can't help but wonder whether if that as you age, you just don't care anymore. Right?

I'm kinda like this now (random pic).
HTB11s-B3-QXXXXXa-Iap-XXq6x-XFXXXn.jpg

HTB1owl5-QXXXXXc6a-XXXq6x-XFXXXC.jpg

Last edited:
Socially acceptable as in you don’t get abused in the street? Probably. Rightfully so. Same for women in their 20s. It shouldnt be encouraged though. Not going to hate on my overweight Sherbros but I would encourage everyone male or female, young or old to put their best foot forward and do something about their weight if they are overweight. Start with small steps, a little less sugar in the drinks and a little more steps in the street.

The world needs you, your family needs you. They need the most healthy version of you possible. Wake up tomorrow in better shape then you were yesterday. That’s all you need to do. Aim to do a little bit better today then you did yesterday

People shouldn’t be shamed for being fat. They should absolutely be encourage to do something about being at a unhealthy weight

For some reason, I don't feel any pressure or insecurity about being overweight unlike back then. My gut sticks out a bit but still put a smile on my face. So, I can't help but wonder whether if that as you age, you just don't care anymore. Right?

I have very few friends who aren't overweight. Husband isn't but being I've barely moved in the last year I'm getting a tummy on me. With the skinniest legs and arms. I don't really care about visual social acceptance though, why would you?

even if its acceptable il still do anything in my power to stay fit.just for longetivity my health.im kinda fit right now im almost 45.
edit im almost 35 not 45 lol ehehe

Last edited:
It's socially acceptable but I don't find it acceptable for myself. I hate getting fat. It feels gross... jiggly belly and double chin.

It's not easy either. Genetically I have to work hard to stay lean. I do intermittent fasting so somedays I'll starve until 5pm... watching coworkers eat a bacon egg sando, pizza lunch, snacks , then they go home and crush a big meal. I'd much rather eat that shit too but I refuse to be fat

You should live your life better than the mediocrity of what's socially acceptable.

Back