Is it possible TJ was...

Holding back on purpose? I have always thought it would be smart for a fighter that was great to hold back his full skillset if he is able too until he gets the title shot. He really looked like a world beater and that can't have been one camp of improvement.

Thatd be pretty stupid to hold back on a guy that's trying to kick your ass. T.J.'s been beaten too, at least officially. Both of his losses have asterisks, but why hold back against guys that can beat you?

And it wasn't one camp of improvement, it was multiple ones. This was his best fight, but his last one he looked great, and against Assuncao he was good enough to win.

The most impressive thing was when he ran face first into that Dodson hook. Getting blasted on purpose was really crafty.

The most impressive thing was when he ran face first into that Dodson hook. Getting blasted on purpose was really crafty.

He leapt in perfectly as he saw Dodson's fist heading his way.

That was world class timing from TJ.

The Easton fight was overlooked. Some of the tools that gave him success against Barao were shown in that performance.

Holding back on purpose? I have always thought it would be smart for a fighter that was great to hold back his full skillset if he is able too until he gets the title shot. He really looked like a world beater and that can't have been one camp of improvement.

imo he looked about the same as his last fight in terms of skills, albeit a better performance in reality. I wasn't really that shocked because I watched that last fight and his striking looked top notch and massively improved. Wasn't sure at that time how good he would look against Barao but he pulled it off. But seriously, go watch his last fight before Barao. He looks incredible.

TS, I know you're probably wearing your Kurt Cobain t-shirt today and you think you may be on to something here but you're not.

You're forgetting that these guys get locked in a cage with someone who is trying to hurt them. It's not a TV show for them. I assure you that holding back is not an option.

Back