Is it me or do Brazilian fighters seem more humble than others?

From what I've seen Brazilian fighters are the biggest sore losers.

I guess Aldo isn't Brazilian because after he got smoked by Holloway the first time he wasn't humble at all, he wasn't humble after losing to Conor either.
What are you referring to ? I remember nothing but praise from Aldo after the first Max fight.

He was, obviously, salty as fuck after Conor.

Part of it is culture though, if you treat Brazilian people with respect they will give you respect back. They are very much like Middle Eastern people in that regard culturally. They are big on honor culture.

As for fighters in the MMA context, maybe it because the Brazilian fans are the most classless and barbaric at MMA events. American and UK fans just boo, chant USA, or stupid fucking soccer chants. The Brazilian fans chant your gonna die. The fighters wind up being the classiest guys in the Arena.

Nog bros, machida, shogun, aldo- all very humble. Even Wand was hespekful outside of his murderous staredowns and ultra violence. Spider was cocky, but generally didn’t engage in shit talk unless provoked. The fans are animals, but that’s just bleed-over from soccer culture.
this
nothing else to add

Part of it is culture though, if you treat Brazilian people with respect they will give you respect back. They are very much like Middle Eastern people in that regard culturally. They are big on honor culture.

As for fighters in the MMA context, maybe it because the Brazilian fans are the most classless and barbaric at MMA events. American and UK fans just boo, chant USA, or stupid fucking soccer chants. The Brazilian fans chant your gonna die. The fighters wind up being the classiest guys in the Arena.
good one
Brazilians practice a lot of martial arts, not only bjj, but also judo, karate, tae kwon and others. I practiced myself for around 15 years. People get really excited about that. But we cant forget social and economic sides of this. USA, Japan, Europe, are all miles ahead Brazil and other less developed countries, so the fanbase reflects this as well.
Thread is about fighters, and while some of them (probably most of them) keep the martial artist mindset, others dont.

Back