Is it me or do Brazilian fighters seem more humble than others?

It's cultural. Being cocky or playing heel does not help with brazilian fans

It's cultural. Being cocky or playing heel does not help with brazilian fans

Brazilian fans don't seem to have any problem acting like assholes.

If there's an actual culture of hespect why don't the Brazilian fans act more like Japanese fans?

Not that I'm complaining of course, I much prefer Brazilian fans over catatonic Japanese dummies.

Rani Yahah is humble as fuck. So is Shogun Machida and Maia. But every now and then you will get a Thiago Silva.

But yeah by and large brazillian fighters are pretty humble

Nog bros, machida, shogun, aldo- all very humble. Even Wand was hespekful outside of his murderous staredowns and ultra violence. Spider was cocky, but generally didn’t engage in shit talk unless provoked. The fans are animals, but that’s just bleed-over from soccer culture.

Nog bros, machida, shogun, aldo- all very humble. Even Wand was hespekful outside of his murderous staredowns and ultra violence. Spider was cocky, but generally didn’t engage in shit talk unless provoked. The fans are animals, but that’s just bleed-over from soccer culture.

Big Nog ......

Japanese fighters are actually humble. You can tell by how their fans act.

Brazilian fighters just can't trash talk very well in English, they're actually very dishespectful, you can tell by how dishespectful they are by the way their fans act. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Not that there's any problem of course, I prefer Brazilian fans way more than boring ass vanilla Japanese fans.
Japanese pick up Russian trash after World Cup matches. They put themselves beneath you they are so humble.

I guess Aldo isn't Brazilian because after he got smoked by Holloway the first time he wasn't humble at all, he wasn't humble after losing to Conor either.

Brazilians seem more humble because the landscape of loudmouth douchebags is so prevalent. Also take into account that the world hates americans...and yeah...whatever :)

It's just you. Go watch Anderson's Silva antics.

It's not like they chant you're gonna die to the opponents of their country fighter. In fact of all the Brazil UFC events I've seen the ONLY ONE time they didn't cheer for their country fighter over the foreigner was Rousey from what I remember.

I also have shit memory so take that however you want.

They seem to like Anderson pretty well and he's one of the cockiest guys to ever fight in the UFC.
True, but people like Anderson because of his artistic violence. They tolerated the arrogance. In his peak he had a ton of haters in Brazil as well due to his personality.
Less known fighters need a lot of good results to get away with being cocky without losing crowd support here.

Back