Is it luck, which country you are born and you grow up in?

Is it luck, which country you are born and you grow up in?

• Total voters
In my experience there's no such thing as luck.

4% chance to be born in America. I hit a one outer.

I mean just imagine being born in Afghanistan of all places, which is ranked least happiest country in the world.

You got to say you're dealt a pretty shitty hand right off the start.

So, I feel blessed to be born in Canada, better hand I could ever ask for to start your life in.
A guy at a local pizza place had a strange accent for a white man imo but i couldn't place it so eventually i asked i had been there many times by now and he told me to guess. Never in a million years would have i guessed Afghanistan, so weird lol

A guy at a local pizza place had a strange accent for a white man imo but i couldn't place it so eventually i asked i had been there many times by now and he told me to guess. Never in a million years would have i guessed Afghanistan, so weird lol
There’s these 2 older kids teen/pre-teen that are at the park often playing/practicing soccer. My 8 year old always plays soccer with them. For the longest of times I wondered what their ethnicity and also had a different accent. They have that look like their from a village deep in Mongolia. Anyway I finally got to ask them and they are Afghan and from Afghanistan. I didn’t ask much details though, but didn’t expect that.

I consider myself very lucky to be born where I was.

If I didnt like it,at least i have the means in which to leave.

Some dont got that and wont have any conception of the world they live in.

I also planned to be born in NYC. I was just lucky my request was granted.

I was born in the high arctic of Canada where it's 24 hours of darkness for most of the winter, super small population...i mean, its very small percentage to be from there.

I was lucky to be born in a great country and a middle class family. Our country isn't perfect but I have a bit less to complain about than Ukranians or Palestinians that's for sure.

My likely life outcomes where I was born vs. where I grew up were immense. Outlier outcomes aside, I got really lucky.

Reactions: HHJ
Of course it's luck. We had no input or say where we were born.

I mean just imagine being born in Afghanistan of all places, which is ranked least happiest country in the world.

So, I feel blessed to be born in Canada, better hand I could ever ask for to start your life in.
Meh, not bad... I mean it's no Australia but could definitely have been worse.

I used to think I was unlucky for being born in the country I was born in. But it's better than a lot of others. Wish it was easier to change nationalities though.

I was lucky to be born in a great country and a middle class family. Our country isn't perfect but I have a bit less to complain about than Ukranians or Palestinians that's for sure.

I know a few Ukrainians who's lives have been completely overturned in the blink of an eye. One guy worked to become a developer, got a job that pays well, got a house, family, paid off the mortgage, and then boom, now his house is leveled from a Russian missile. He and his family survived at least but it makes you think life is precarious and unpredictable. You never know what's going to happen.

God planned everything for each one of us in detail. So if you were evil and ate an apple or said "no, let me bang" but wanted to bang with the wrong person or person was even better with god than you or he asked you to offer him some shit on a hill but you were late and hungovered and missed a button on your shirt or a single mothers sin or liked white bread too much then Australia and marmelade.
He never cared if you wiped clean in contrast tho.

Luck might have truth to it. But, that discredits your family history.

My family suffered and some died so that myself and other relatives could have a better start. That is not luck, that's perseverance and values.

Back