Is it luck, which country you are born and you grow up in?

Is it luck, which country you are born and you grow up in?

• Total voters
Luck might have truth to it. But, that discredits your family history.

My family suffered and some died so that myself and other relatives could have a better start. That is not luck, that's perseverance and values.
I see you being heavy on that Tom Aspinall speach. And while that's not wrong, it still is complete luck. One little gush of wind while your parents had intercourse and the one sperm wouldve been exchanged by another. So many variables for us to be here, to not call it luck would scratch narcisstic megalomania and religious fanatism.

I see you being heavy on that Tom Aspinall speach. And while that's not wrong, it still is complete luck. One little gush of wind while your parents had intercourse and the one sperm wouldve been exchanged by another. So many variables for us to be here, to not call it luck would scratch narcisstic megalomania and religious fanatism.
Never heard the speech. I watch the fights not the interviews. Glad to know he's quoting me though ;)

Never heard the speech. I watch the fights not the interviews. Glad to know he's quoting me though ;)
He's not some Laozi or Socrates. He's a cagefighter so I wouldn't be too flattered by that comparison. ;)

I was supposed to have been born on another planet according to some people....... Others say yesterday????

Really confused????

What if it's yesterday and on another planet???

It would only be luck if you believed that the soul had various options (vessels) to choose from, in some randomized capacity.

If you believe "YOU" come into being at the point of conception then there is nothing random or lucky about it at all. Life itself, by our limited understanding, appears to be the only concept of luck worth really mentioning.

everything is chance. if some caveman didnt rape some neanderthal none of us would be here.

You are who you are because you were conceived at that exact time, by those exact two people. If anything was diferent, even if it was just the time of conception or the parents had diferent meals, then it would not have been you.

So the place where you were born is not a matter of luck, it's part of being you.

Or you could be born a slug and get stepped on 2 days later by a human or eaten by a bird or something.

Or you could be born a mayfly and live for their whole life expectancy of half an hour.

It's all luck.

I don't know how that could be anything other than luck. From the kid's perspective anyway.

On the other hand if your parents set sail for the New World to escape the Irish Potato Famine or something...what's luck to you was hard work and planning for them.
That's what my parents did. They decided to move away from everything they knew in England, to give their kids a better life in Canada. I've never been more grateful for anything. The only luck involved was being born to wonderful parents.

I was supposed to have been born on another planet according to some people....... Others say yesterday????

Really confused????

What if it's yesterday and on another planet???
It is yesterday on another planet. It can be yesterday in another country depending on where you live in the world.

Back