Is it just me? Or is it impossible to disrespect this sport?

The shit talker will inevitably have to make the walk to the cage. There, he will either be exposed or prove himself. As long as someone is willing to make that walk to the cage who am I to say they are disrespecting the sport?

Solid point.

I think McGregor was disrespectful of Siver, but they are not playing tiddly winks out there.

hyped hate and rivals is completely different than brawls at a press conference though.

And I think that networks have before but not the company directly. The Jones Cormier fight was a PPV so the ufc is firectly responsible for those promos. When networks like Fox or CBS put out a promo I assume that its the network that's behind the promo, not the entities like the NFL and the MLB.

I could be mistaken on that though so correct me if im way out of line on my thinking there

i think you're missing the point which is they will sell what sells. if there was an on court brawl or a bench clearing brawl, it will be used to sell. they won't have a staredown because that's not their sport. but they will generally sell what they can for ratings.

I've never understood all the worry over 'respect'. Seems to be a metric insecure people are overly concerned about.

honor? the goat and the face of the UFC, in a spastic fit of emotional bluster suited for pro wrestling, confronted Aldo in front of his wife and daughter. Conor is a great up and comer no doubt, but that sort of jock move is the polar opposite of honorable. lol

Last edited:
honor? the goat and the face of the UFC, in a spastic fit of emotional bluster suited for pro wrestling, confronted Aldo in front of his wife and daughter. Conor is a great up and comer no doubt, but that sort of jock move is the polar opposite of honorable. lol

sometimes the tradeoff between honorable and sellable is worth it (for some people). these guys get paid to sell tickets.

I think it was Diaz who said you can't disrespect someone considering that in the end you are going to be trying to kill another man in the cage. There is nothing more disrespectful then punching a man in the face until he can't even think straight. I don't remember who said this but the words stuck with me. Maybe it was Chael Sonnen who knows, it was someone with a big mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back