is it just me, or are the crowds a lot quicker to boo these days?

The just bleed crowd has been spoiled by Andy Wang fights.

But the fast few UFC and Bellator cards it seems like the crowds have regressed to the early days of booing almost all grappling.

Good. It's a fight. Grappling is stalling a fight because you can't outstrike your opponent.

Michael Page was boood after a 1 punch walk off KO. Sure his antics and speech had more to do with it. Then was compared to Anderson Silva.

Why is it that americans boo wrestling and bjj while japanese/other crowds applaud it?

Good. It's a fight. Grappling is stalling a fight because you can't outstrike your opponent.

Michael Page was boood after a 1 punch walk off KO. Sure his antics and speech had more to do with it. Then was compared to Anderson Silva.

??
Are you joking, right?
I have good conditions for striking, for example, because Im explosive and with long reach for my size, apart from a background on MT and TKD. But I am below average in terms of core strengh and of course, grappling skill.
I would prefer to "fight" someone who wants to exchange strikes with me than someone that grabs me and take me to the ground. I am more "fighter" than him because of that? No, its not like that, though most casuals think this way, I guess because they get more impressed/excited watching striking displays and, of course, they are pretty ignorant about the sport.

??
Im explosive and with long reach for my size, apart from a background on MT and TKD. But I am below average in terms of core strengh and of course, grappling skill.
I would prefer to "fight" someone who wants to exchange strikes with me than someone that grabs me and take me to the ground. I am more "fighter" than him because of that?

100% correct. You are more of a fighter than someone who's constantly trying to take it to the ground.

Depends on the city but yea some fans just want to see them bang

100% correct. You are more of a fighter than someone who's constantly trying to take it to the ground.

lol. You clearly don't understand this game and never have fought since high school.
Believe me, you don't feel you are more of a fighter when you have a guy that is stronger than you manhandling you as a toy with his grappling, stiffling you (wich makes you less explosive if the figth eventually come back to the feet), and pounding on you with punches and elbows.
I still know to punch, kick and knee better and stronger than that guy, but that doesnt mean I am the better fighter, just a better striker.

You can't blame them when the UFC is catering to fans like them

fans are leaning to less grappling and more just stand and trade, so it doesnt surprise me

lol. You clearly don't understand this game and never have fought since high school.
Believe me, you don't feel you are more of a fighter when you have a guy that is stronger than you manhandling you as a toy with his grappling, stiffling you (wich makes you less explosive if the figth eventually come back to the feet), and pounding on you with punches and elbows.

You clearly don't understand fighting and have never been in a 2v1 situation since ever. If you were a fighter you would not try to manhandle one down, then point at the other and say can you hang on a second, you're next. Because it will never get back to the feet, and you wake up later.

Fighting is on feet. Stalling is on ground. Subs are for women, and lunch.

You clearly don't understand fighting and have never been in a 2v1 situation since ever. If you were a fighter you would not try to manhandle one down, then point at the other and say can you hang on a second, you're next. Because it will never get back to the feet, and you wake up later.

Fighting is on feet. Stalling is on ground. Subs are for women, and lunch.

lol.
First point: MMA is MMA, a sport. A street fight is what it is. Try to understand the difference.
Second point: I love muay thai, kick boxing, savate, and boxing, and I see much better striking displays at these sports than in MMA nowadays.

So a guy that talk the way you talk about grappling, ground game and submissions has almost 1,000 posts in a mma forum???? lol

lol.
First point: MMA is MMA, a sport. A street fight is what it is. Try to understand the difference.
Second point: I love muay thai, kick boxing, savate, and boxing, and I see much better striking displays at these sports than in MMA nowadays.

So a guy that talk the way you talk about grappling, ground game and submissions has almost 1,000 posts in a mma forum???? lol

lol resisitance is futile

I don't like timeouts or halftime in football but sit through that too. Those 1,2 or 7 KOs make it worth the wait.

lol resisitance is futile

I don't like timeouts or halftime in football but sit through that too. Those 1,2 or 7 KOs make it worth the wait.

I don't get that sentence, english is not my first language.
But ok, I get what type of fan you are. Good luck looking for excitement. I just think that is laughable that a fan like you have 1000 posts in a MMA Discussion.

After decades of fighting it is getting old to see people still go in there to wall-n-stall and be content with a decision.

Why is it that americans boo wrestling and bjj while japanese/other crowds applaud it?

Because the Japanese value warriors who step in there and are ready to fight. Its a bushido thing. Second, plenty of Japanese train Judo, Karate or Kendo. The Japanese value martial arts

Some do Judo in middle school and high school, they are fascinated by high level grappling.

I remember being real pissed at 166. The crowd legit boo'ed everything except Diego/Gil.

They were even boo'ing Dodson/Montague, THATS how stupid the Houston crowd was.

Back