Is it acceptable to duck a fighter who is on PEDs?

Simply answer: If the fighter is on steroids and he ducks another fighter who is on steroids, then yes, he is a coward and a hypocrite.

Tell that to Vitor. Never had problem cutting weight, steroids or not. Can't win a single fight without steroids.

How about Overeem? Went from unbeatable to very beatable.
Overeem was beatable even on the roids. He cannot handle getting his bell rung no matter how huge he gets.

The difference between himself and Vitor is Overeem can actually fight when hes not on the stuff.

We all saw what Vitor looked like against Machida. Needs an emotional support dog,because he abused TRT so much he cant function without it.

It is a poor excuse. Weight cutting gives you a bigger advantage than steroids
oh many, cant say I agree with this.

I think it depends on how extreme the cheating is. If the guy still looks human and isn't another weight class bigger, a true warrior should take him on.

if the guy looks like this.............................fuck that:

maxresdefault.jpg

I would not call someone a coward for not fighting someone clearly juiced to the gills, if the guy making the claim truly is natty. Were talking about potential brain damage here. If its against the rules, its against the rules. Even if some know how to not get caught.

Hazard pay should be offered. With the current Jones situation it would be impossible to get a title shot if you ducked.

The UFC is too cheap to offer ANY extra fighter pay, and if you refuse them Dana will screw you over forever. Shame on them for letting a known repeat offender continue to compete and put other fighters health and safety at risk. What a joke.

Yeah but not everyone is cutting the same amount of weight as everyone else,or even can if they wanted to,and as ive said you can even use steroids to cut alot of weight AND maintain muscle,so how can weight cutting BY ITSELF be worse than PED's?

Here's an example

DC was 236 lbs in cage at LHW, whereas Jon Jones was only 216-222 lbs. DC had a bigger advantage than Jones even if the latter was on steroids.

And steroids by itself are not a great cutting agent, lean body mass loss should not occur at big levels unless you are dieting to sub 10%bf

I still think Cyborg would win the rematch if she fought smart instead of trying to brawl.
Incorrect.

Cyborg brawled because 1) thats really what she does,and 2) she realized that if she tried to hang back like she did against Holm shed get eaten alive. She leans heavily on that front leg,and nunes targeted it with her kicks,put her off balance because of how cyborg leans on it,hit her again and then looked at her like "FUCK you BITCH." Cyborg pretty much got desperate at that point and went for broke,because a few more kicks like that is gonna take the wheels out,and she saw that not only was Nunes not intimidated by her at all,she was actually not even having respect for her.

Here's an example

DC was 236 lbs in cage at LHW, whereas Jon Jones was only 216-222 lbs. DC had a bigger advantage than Jones even if the latter was on steroids.

And steroids by itself are not a great cutting agent, lean body mass loss should not occur at big levels unless you are dieting to sub 10%bf
Hahaha thats a nice fantasy land that you live in bud.

You know Masvidal when he cut to 155 would say that every hit he took hurt so much worse than when he fought at 170. So tell me again how cutting weight only has advantageous properties?
That the guy cutting the most weight in the fight automatically has the edge over his roided opponent?

<DisgustingHHH>

oh many, cant say I agree with this.

I think it depends on how extreme the cheating is. If the guy still looks human and isn't another weight class bigger, a true warrior should take him on.

if the guy looks like this.............................fuck that:

maxresdefault.jpg

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges.

That was a different situation. That was one roided animal fighting another roided monster. The UFC either needs to let everyone juice or nobody. They can't continue to let select fighters cheat while prohibiting others. I understand they are a business and need to make money, BUT they also have an ethical responsibility to their fighters health.

People were just terrified of Cyborg

Amanda knew she had faster hands and was just as powerful so she wasn't scared

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges.

That was a different situation. That was one roided animal fighting another roided monster. The UFC either needs to let everyone juice or nobody. They can't continue to let select fighters cheat while prohibiting others. I understand they are a business and need to make money, BUT they also have an ethical responsibility to their fighters health.
No company or corporation will give a shit about ethics until and unless their shareholders do or their clients do. Fight fans will pretty much watch no matter what, especially if you starve them of fights for a few weeks.

People were just terrified of Cyborg

Amanda knew she had faster hands and was just as powerful so she wasn't scared
Her distance control is the major factor. Wmma Haters wont admit it but Nunes distance control is some of the best in mma,man or woman. She keeps people at the end of her punches and shes just not there when they try to throw back.

No company or corporation will give a shit about ethics until and unless their shareholders do or their clients do. Fight fans will pretty much watch no matter what, especially if you starve them of fights for a few weeks.

The UFC will favor profit over ethics until it becomes too much of a PR issue for them to manage. At some point it becomes a "BP oil spill" that can't be ignored (until time passes and people forget about it).

you have to prove that someone is a "lifelong PED user"

and that's a really strong claim.

i wouldn't say it makes you a coward as much as it makes you misinformed. professional sports are full of PED use. to get into that line of work and think you can do it natty is just foolish. nate diaz wasn't kidding when he said everyone's on PED, even he was.

If you aint special, and are saying “no” to the matchmaker, you prob wont last long anyways, or get tougher assignments when you are called.

Its a double-edged sword. Just fight who they throw at you, make as much money and fame as you can, then get out and get a real job imo......

all you motherfuckers are on steroids

If you aint special, and are saying “no” to the matchmaker, you prob wont last long anyways, or get tougher assignments when you are called.

Its a double-edged sword. Just fight who they throw at you, make as much money and fame as you can, then get out and get a real job imo......
No.
You dont always fight who they throw at you.
They dont always have your best interests.

Hahaha thats a nice fantasy land that you live in bud.

You know Masvidal when he cut to 155 would say that every hit he took hurt so much worse than when he fought at 170. So tell me again how cutting weight only has advantageous properties?
That the guy cutting the most weight in the fight automatically has the edge over his roided opponent?

<DisgustingHHH>

There is clearly a sweet spot when weight cutting. If you rehydrate properly you'll have an advantage most of the times

Taking steroids recklessly will make you bloated, gassy and slower. Both can be bad for you when done wrong

When done right, weight cutting has bigger pay off than PEDs

No, rules and testing protect the fighters from PED users. Once a fighter is clean and cleared to go, there is no excuse.

Back