Is it acceptable to duck a fighter who is on PEDs?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looking at how many female fighters refused to fight Cyborg with her PED history.

Bisping took on guys like Chael and Vitor Belfort and suffered permanent lifelong damage from getting roided kicked in the head.

Is someone a coward and a duck for refusing to fight someone who is a lifelong PED user?

So you ask a question in your title but then the actual question is the complete opposite.

What kind of answers are you expecting to get?

Do you want to be the best fighter in the world or the best natural fighter in the world?

I think it's better to refuse a fight against a guy supposedly on PED's than take it and give "he's a cheater" excuse.

But we all know that business wise it is virtually impossible to apply this logic, except if career suicide is the endgame.

No, they are robbing me of the chance to see a brutal knockout.

Looking at how many female fighters refused to fight Cyborg with her PED history.

Bisping took on guys like Chael and Vitor Belfort and suffered permanent lifelong damage from getting roided kicked in the head.

Is someone a coward and a duck for refusing to fight someone who is a lifelong PED user?

You go honestly think all of your favorite fighters arent on performance enhancers?

GSP himself said that it's still very easy to beat tests....

Should have a 800 ng minimum level to fight. If you ain't eating raw meat, you ain't hungry (cat doesn't count )

Is someone a coward for not fighting someone on a little juice?

YES. Ducking is ducking.

<JonesLaugh>

It is a poor excuse. Weight cutting gives you a bigger advantage than steroids

The whole question is mostly flawed because most situations people call "ducking" really = The guy i dont like wont fight the guy i do like so DUCKING QUACK QUACK

GDR vs Cyborg was a ridiculous situation,because while i dont blame her for not wanting to fight Cyborg,she had to be an idiot not to know thats the only reason for her even being at 145 in the first place,and there would be huge blowback for wasting everyones time.

Fighting someone suspected of PED's probably cant be avoided,but that dont mean ya gotta say "How high??" every time the promotion says "Jump!"

Weight cutting gives you a bigger advantage than steroids
What the hell does this even mean???
Some steroids function is to LITERALLY help you cut weight without losing muscle mass

What the hell does this even mean???
Some steroids function is to LITERALLY help you cut weight without losing muscle mass
Joe Rogan put it best:

“It is stupid,” Rogan said. “What it is is sanctioned cheating. It’s sanctioned cheating and it’s cheating at a much higher scale even than PEDs. If you get two people and they both weigh 135 [pounds] but they’re both totally hydrated and one of them has been doing steroids and one of them hasn’t been doing steroids, the difference will be far less than if one person weighs in at 135 [pounds] but then balloons up to 160 [pounds] and then gets into that octagon at 160 [pounds] but there’s no PEDs involved. That’s a much greater advantage than someone whose doing some sort of testosterone thing or something. They’re compromised but the benefit of being so much larger might outweigh being compromised."

Is it ducking if / when WMMA refuses to fight Fallon Fox?

Hazard pay should be offered. With the current Jones situation it would be impossible to get a title shot if you ducked.

It all depends on the situation. What Germaine did was unacceptable. She was the champ and refused to fight the #1 contender because of a failed test years ago. Amanda Nunes wasn't scared and beat her ass with the quickness. Germaine can say it was an ethical decision, but I think she was scared. You have to be delusional or brave to fight Cyborg. Or you just have to be a bad bitch like Nunes. I still think Cyborg would win the rematch if she fought smart instead of trying to brawl.

Joe Rogan put it best:

“It is stupid,” Rogan said. “What it is is sanctioned cheating. It’s sanctioned cheating and it’s cheating at a much higher scale even than PEDs. If you get two people and they both weigh 135 [pounds] but they’re both totally hydrated and one of them has been doing steroids and one of them hasn’t been doing steroids, the difference will be far less than if one person weighs in at 135 [pounds] but then balloons up to 160 [pounds] and then gets into that octagon at 160 [pounds] but there’s no PEDs involved. That’s a much greater advantage than someone whose doing some sort of testosterone thing or something. They’re compromised but the benefit of being so much larger might outweigh being compromised."
Yeah but not everyone is cutting the same amount of weight as everyone else,or even can if they wanted to,and as ive said you can even use steroids to cut alot of weight AND maintain muscle,so how can weight cutting BY ITSELF be worse than PED's?

It is a poor excuse. Weight cutting gives you a bigger advantage than steroids

Tell that to Vitor. Never had problem cutting weight, steroids or not. Can't win a single fight without steroids.

How about Overeem? Went from unbeatable to very beatable.

no, dont be a pussy. fight anyone and everyone.

Back