• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Hendo the most undeserved and worst performing fighter to ever get title shot?

Justin Eilers (rip) ko'd Mike Kyle and then got humiliated by Paul Buentello and then he got an interm ts against Arlovski at 1-1....4 months before Buentello got his ts only to get ko'd by Arlovski also

A fan of him, but Hendo didn't deserve it. This prove once again what UFC is all about: it's more about the best match up u can get in a certain moment.
Even if not much deserved i like to watch the re-match between these two.

Check Hendos resume....

His wins from a decade ago are irrelevant to whether he deserves a shot now. We're talking about a fighter who has gone 3-6 in the last three years.

edit: A better break point would be 4-6 in his latest stint with the UFC.

Hendo does not deserve a title shot. No fucking way.

Having said that... if he does get a shot, I don't mind. This is Dan Henderson of all people. He has just about the greatest resume of any fighter out there, and while his chin ain't what it used to be, he still has dynamite in his hands. Not to mention, the greatest KO of his career came against the current champ. Its a good story too; Bisping gets the chance for redemption, Hendo gets one final shot at UFC gold.

okay w/e you say

It was a "minor injury" he could have chosen or not chosen to have surgery according to him.

The real reason he didn't take the fight was that he just ASSumed Bisping was gonna get his ass beat and that the title shot would be waiting for him whenever he wanted it with Rockhold as champ.

So you're a part of Jacare's fight team? You have inside info as to what his state of mind was like? That's interesting..

Dude, are you serious. He beat the #2 ranked guy in the world within 2 rounds. The #2 ranked guy......... Plus also ko'ing the 5th ranked guy in Pourier. But just beating mendes, he deserved a shot...
His title shot was very well deserved but his interm title shot coming off of a win over Denis "who?? Oh him" Siver was silly

Everybody knows that he doesn't deserve it based off the rankings and his recent wins/losses, but he's considered by many as one of the greatest American MMA fighters of all time/fighters in general, has one of the best records in terms of competition ever, is one of the most exciting fighters ever, and he has one of the most iconic KO's ever over Bisping and Bisping wants revenge before Hendo retires.

Hendo is one of the most legendary fighters to have ever competed in this sport and for his age he's amazing. We all know it doesn't make sense based off recent memory, but if you base it off Hendo's entire career and his unbelievable KO win over Bisping and Bisping wanting to rematch him anyway, this is a fun fight and I'm on board for it. Let's give Hendo one more shot at UFC gold over somebody he already beat, let him have this one last BIG fight so maybe if he wins he can go off in the sunset as the baddest motherfucker to have ever competed in MMA.

He doesn't deserve it based on recent memory, he deserves it based on his entire career as a whole IMO. Not all title fights are given to those who truly deserve it based on their recent streak and such, sometimes it's nice to just have a fun fight. This will be Hendo's last fight, win/lose, let him go out on a bang in a huge fight.

I have no problem with this fight and I'm not even that big of a Hendo fan, but I fucking respect the guy and I fully understand why this match is being made. He deserves one more shot because of all the things he's done in his career and for this sport in general IMO. I'm interested to see if he can actually do it, you never know what will happen, if he wins the belt it will be fucking CRAZY and he's arguably THE greatest of all time then. Just look at his accomplishments, if he wins this, he may be the #1 fighter ever and at this age, it's even more amazing. It's a fun fight, it's Hendo's last fight, and it could solidify GOAT status for him and such, what's not to love? It's not always about rankings, TS, I take it you haven't been watching combat sports for very long? because shit like this has happened TONS of times.

Let him have his shot and stop whining. He's a fucking legend.

If he beats the champ then he earned it. Same as Serra and Brock for example. Serra and Brock didn't deserve a shot but they earned the belt by beating GSP (Serra) and Couture (Brock)

I've never agreed with this position.

In a fight, crazy things can happen. You should have to earn the opportunity to make something crazy happen. A championship shouldn't just be about the one night, it should also be about the guys you beat to get there.

Dude, are you serious. He beat the #2 ranked guy in the world within 2 rounds. The #2 ranked guy......... Plus also ko'ing the 5th ranked guy in Pourier. But just beating mendes, he deserved a shot...
tbf mendes was the title shot but yeah, horrible comparison to hendo

So you're a part of Jacare's fight team? You have inside info as to what his state of mind was like? That's interesting..

No I can just put 2 and 2 together... next level stuff I know

We just had a big thread full of debates about this earlier today. To sum up the Hendo apologists:

1-They're experts on business. Hendo getting the shot over the others is somehow the most profitable choice.
2-WWE mantra. "Ohh it's such a cool story with their history dating back to UFC 100 and all"
3-They think Bisping is calling the shots over the heads of Zuffa because he did a lot for the UFC.
4-They randomly refer to fights like Lesnar-couture, Sonnen-Jones etc. Because that somehow...condones this? I still don't get this one.

The other side just had to make due with facts like Hendo's poor ranking, recent resume, many losses, how there are so many other available choices that should be ahead of him etc.

It is just business you mark, it's always business.

And wasn't that my own thread about the hypocrisy the Woodley/Hendo title shot debacle?

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Even if I did, what of it? You're shit hypocrite piece of shit. Go fuck yourself.

Legitimately upset on the world wide web

MUH SJW
MUH CUCKS

Your defense mechanism of repeating what I say is hilariously sad. You do it all the time too.

Keep crying racism, pleb

I'm a fan of Evans, Bendo, and Mighty Mouse, but you would instinctively lump me in with the group that hates them because they're black. That's your problem.

Rampage was hated by some fans for the fact that he beat the UFC goldenboy. It was a company rivalry thing, not a race thing. Rampage actually has a huge fanbase and is considered a beloved fighter.

Evans was hated by some fans because of his arrogance, cockiness, and clownish behavior. I happen to appreciate him, but others do not. Doesn't make it racist.

I've explained the reasoning behind the Jones hate. The list is long and most are legitimate gripes.

Bendo was hated by some fans because of his style and the fact that close decisions have a habit of going his way. You'll say 'but what about Robbie?' That's where the friendly fight style factors in. If you're entertaining the fans, they're going to be less likely to bash you for it.

Mighty Mouse was hated by some fans mostly because of his diminutive size and lack of finishes. Haven't you noticed that the haters are pretty scarce these days? That's because people are finally starting to appreciate his dominance.

Rampage beating Liddell was a significant factor in his hatred but that can be seen a race thing in itself. Rampage just said on The MMA hour that he still gets shit for beating Liddell.

There's no excuse for Evans hate. Arrogance and cockiness aren't valid reasons when Sonnen and Mcgregor are praised for it. Mcgregor copies mayweathers douche attitude and the mainstream media calls him the next Ali which is historically laughable to the point where it's almost an insult.

I guess you already beat me about Bendo except for him getting shit for being a Christian while other more zealous religious fighters get a slight pass.

Lack of finishes. A majority of his title fights are fights are finishes. Way more than GSP. The fact that fans have to make up reasons to hate on DJ is very telling. They can't attack his character despite a few idiot here tried doing that recently.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Legitimately upset on the world wide web

Your defense mechanism of repeating what I say is hilariously sad. You do it all the time too.

Keep crying racism, pleb

Keep screaming SJW, cuck.

bisping will end up losing, hendo has his number no matter what his age is

hqdefault.jpg

I love Hendo man but I wouldnt count on it. Hendo is pretty shot at this point.

Hendo is the most deserving fighter to get a titleshot ever

Basically. Sadly, MMA is a shitshow and only the fans are at fault.

Back