Is GSP being squeezed out of the UFC?

Dramovitch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He says he wants to come back. He wants a big fight. But the UFC isn't giving him anything.

Bisping was the target, then the UFC tells Bisping not to fight him as it hurts the MW title picture.

Now GSP wants Woodley, but Diaz is suddenly being pushed for that money fight.

Is GSP still represented by CA, the competitors to WM (new owners of UFC)? Is that a reason?

Or is it because he is demanding too much money and UFC wants to put him in his place? GSP needs them more than they need him?

If you don't like his style you don't have to watch him fight.
Dana says he doesn't want to fight, but Dana is a compulsive liar and doesn't like GSP (insulted him when he left).

GSP brings in fans/viewers (according to PPV #s) so whats the problem? Is he being squeezed out?

Did I miss something? When did GSP say all these things

In fact, "GSP did not say these things", KenFlo

Last edited:
the ufc isn't giving him anything

giphy.gif

Either wants more money than the UFC is willing to pay him or Dana could he right about him not wanting to come back, and he's just talking about a return for publicity.

What I think anyway.

He says he wants to come back. He wants a big fight. But the UFC isn't giving him anything.

Bisping was the target, then the UFC tells Bisping not to fight him as it hurts the MW title picture.

Now GSP wants Woodley, but Diaz is suddenly being pushed for that money fight.

Is GSP still represented by CA, the competitors to WM (new owners of UFC)? Is that a reason?

Or is it because he is demanding too much money and UFC wants to put him in his place? GSP needs them more than they need him?

If you don't like his style you don't have to watch him fight.
Dana says he doesn't want to fight, but Dana is a compulsive liar and doesn't like GSP (insulted him when he left).

GSP brings in fans/viewers (according to PPV #s) so whats the problem? Is he being squeezed out?
Really seems like it, sadly.

Could have something to do with Reebok

How would Dana and Co have and drama or create interesting stuff between fights if they told you their plans all willy nilly. ??
What would happen to the "big announcements "??

How can they squeeze someone out who is retired?

Could have to do with Reebok

I was gonna say this.

GSP's not coming back with that Reebok deal in place.

$40 grand to wear Reebok? I"m guessing GSP could bring in 1-2 million in sponsorships. At least.

Having GSP return and beat a champ and leave is like having a massive orgasm and then castrating yourself. Itll sell some ppvs but then you'll be f'd.

Either wants more money than the UFC is willing to pay him or Dana could he right about him not wanting to come back, and he's just talking about a return for publicity.

What I think anyway.

I think it's both. GSP said he won't come back unless his manager/agent are taken care of because they're in this together. Dana probably sees this as unrealistic and questions GSP's desire to fight.

he should stay retired anyway .. good for the UFC in protecting GSP from himself.

telling Werdum that after a loss he can stay but has to accept a 50% pay cut - from $60k to $30k per - is being squeezed out.

not giving a guy a title shot on demand after retiring a few years ago for a ton of money....that is not being squeezed out.

maybe they've decided he's not worth what he's asking. i'm not sure they're wrong.

I don't think I could handle GSP popping to USADA

The UFC has taught me everyone is using in every sport.

I love GSP but the Hendricks fight was 3 years ago. He is retired and he's not coming back. Dana has no reason to lie when he says GSP isn't interested in fighting anymore.

Back