Is GSP being squeezed out of the UFC?

Not to mention Dana keeps saying he doesn't have a fighter's mindset and such. There's clearly some business conflict with him and the ufc. Might have to do with his underarmor deal vs rebok.

How can you be "squeezed out" of something that you aren't even in?

UFC doesn't have a deal with him right now, so it is a mute point. Once they have a contract in place, then GSP can say whatever he wants. What would be wild is if he went to Rizen and fought on their NYE show.

Is GSP retired but still under UFC contract or could he go fight in Bellator/Rizin?

It sure is a little fishy right now because GSP has now said multiple times he's ready to come back, but Dana goes on to say 'he doesn't want fight bla bla...."

I've read from numerous sources that GSP's management is still in negotiations with the UFC, and a big hurdle is the stupid Reebok deal. GSP is signed with Under Armor, has been for years now, so I'm sure that's a big issue at the moment.

And yah, what sucks for Georges is he's still signed with the UFC, so if he wanted to go fight elsewhere, UFC would have to release him which I doubt they would do.

EDIT: What he said ^

I love GSP but the Hendricks fight was 3 years ago. He is retired and he's not coming back. Dana has no reason to lie when he says GSP isn't interested in fighting anymore.
This is DfW you're talking about. Since when does he need a reason to lie other than spite?

I really don't understand all the bitching and pissing and moaning and whining about this. He keeps saying he needs to come to terms with the UFC. I take this as meaning it's an issue with the shitty fucking Reebok deal and legal obligations to others, e.g. Under Armor. Nothing White says can be trusted until a fight is signed (there's plenty of historical evidence of that*), and all GSP has said up to now have been answers to questions after fighters have called him out. Somehow, that makes GSP the bad guy around here. Fucking logic, how does it work?

*Take, for example, the many times White has tried to throw fighters under the bus by saying, "He didn't want the fight," when the fighter was injured, or the backtracking on promised title shots, or more recently, GSP doesn't want to fight... GSP- I want to fight (when he declared he had completed a "test camp" and he felt like he was in competitive form.) Who the fuck do you believe now?

Neither side NEEDS the other. UFC can survive without GSP and GSP can survive without UFC
However, GSP is a cash cow and if he wants back in, they will let him

Where has GSP said he wants to fight Woodley? Or is that comment just conjecture. Huge if true! Wonder boy can fight Condit Maia for the next shot.

GSP has made a number of very pointed Instagram posts which, while not referencing Reebok directly, make it clear that he's repping Hayabusa come what may.

I imagine this has been the sticking point.

He says he wants to come back. He wants a big fight. But the UFC isn't giving him anything.

Bisping was the target, then the UFC tells Bisping not to fight him as it hurts the MW title picture.

Now GSP wants Woodley, but Diaz is suddenly being pushed for that money fight.

Is GSP still represented by CA, the competitors to WM (new owners of UFC)? Is that a reason?

Or is it because he is demanding too much money and UFC wants to put him in his place? GSP needs them more than they need him?

If you don't like his style you don't have to watch him fight.
Dana says he doesn't want to fight, but Dana is a compulsive liar and doesn't like GSP (insulted him when he left).

GSP brings in fans/viewers (according to PPV #s) so whats the problem? Is he being squeezed out?

Why would they have him fight Bisping or Woodley? Neither of those make any sort of sense. If he is going to fight at MW, it would clearly be a bigger thing to have Rockhold fight Bisping again, probably on the same card that GSP fights Weidman in a title eliminator. Other than that he doesn't really need to be in that picture. And don't come at me with any "But GSP is irrelevant in the MW title picture" posts, we're talking about the UFC here, the same organization that is headlining a card with it's 145 pound champ fight a 155 pounder at 170 for the second time in a year....

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...rre-interested-in-fight-against-tyron-woodley

When contacted by MMAFighting.com on Sunday about whether he would be interested in fighting Woodley, St-Pierre replied, via text message, "Yes." Asked again whether he wanted the fight, St-Pierre replied, "Yes."
That's amazing. GSP needs to just come back and do what he does best which is fight WW for the belt! I'd love to see him fight Woodley Maia rematch Condit or wonder boy. Stylistically I think lawler was his toughest match up although I would have favoured him.

Why would they have him fight Bisping or Woodley? Neither of those make any sort of sense. If he is going to fight at MW, it would clearly be a bigger thing to have Rockhold fight Bisping again, probably on the same card that GSP fights Weidman in a title eliminator. Other than that he doesn't really need to be in that picture. And don't come at me with any "But GSP is irrelevant in the MW title picture" posts, we're talking about the UFC here, the same organization that is headlining a card with it's 145 pound champ fight a 155 pounder at 170 for the second time in a year....

GSP wants to fight at MSG.

That is on November 12.

So you have to accept the options that are available at the time.

Micheal Bisping is too busy fighting ranked 13, Dan Henderson.

And Dana White is pissed because GSP doesn't like the shitty Reebok deal.

Where has GSP said he wants to fight Woodley? Or is that comment just conjecture. Huge if true! Wonder boy can fight Condit Maia for the next shot.
In b4 more comments about how GSP should stop calling out fighters.
FYI the way it came about is Woodley called out GSP at the 201 post fight presser.

Good luck UFC.

greased-up-deaf-guy-o.gif

Could have something to do with Reebok

This. GSP has an apparel sponsor and can't wear Reebok, I believe. He mentioned it a while ago when the deal happened.

From what I know, it's a sponsor thing with GSP. He wants to keep his sponsors and specifically Under Armor. He does not have a contract with Reebok and he's exclusive to UA.

If he fights in the UFC, he would have to be allowed to wear UA or they would have to work out a special deal between UA and Reebok which would be unprecedented. GSP wants to come back but he's playing hardball with the sponsor deal and Dana is so far having none of it. It's Reebok or bust.

Hard to know what to believe, if UFC weren't letting him fight or pushing him out and he wanted to fight, I'd say he would be asking for his release to fight somewhere else, he would get the money he is after somewhere

It's well known he was campaigning to fight Lawler at 200. The UFC is obviously trying to squeeze him out.

Back