Crime Is Flynn Cohen to Prison? (SCO Thread v. 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but that comes with a very real risk of getting burned on questionable information.

Doesn't come with much risk at all if you ask me. I can guarantee if they are wrong here people will forget in a month and move on. Probably way less than that actually. It's only if you consistently continue to publish BS that it can burn you.

Doesn't come with much risk at all if you ask me. I can guarantee if they are wrong here people will forget in a month and move on. Probably way less than that actually. It's only if you consistently continue to publish BS that it can burn you.

They already caught some flack for being the only news organization willing to publish the Steele Dossier. If this turns out to be false, they won’t have any credibility left to break stories about this administration. If this turns out true, then they get credit here and some grudging respect for publishing meaningful, of risky stories.

Indeed, I said as much back in v.25, so I don't think it's a stretch at all:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147435471/
"So, I just came across this,
Defying Trump, US Senate votes to stop US support for Yemen war
Senators also pass resolution saying that Mohammed bin Salman is responsible for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

The other day, the Senate voted against a dark money bill that cock-blocked Mnuchin. I would say they know the wind is blowing against Trump at this point and they are determined to give themselves things where they can say, "See, we didn't blindly follow Trump!" despite their 2 years of wallowing in the swamp with him. If he is shown to have been a knowing participant in the connection between Trump Jr. and A. Torshin they will redline the bus they're going to throw him under."

ya. But i also thought the Senate might stand up against dropping the sanctions on oligarch, Oleg V. Deripaska. To me that one was perplexing. Why would anyone think it is a good idea to drop the sanctions before an ongoing investigation is completed?

I know why Trump might and Deripaska might because if this Trump shit show happens that tied up money could be seized so Deripaska wants it freed to return to Russia and safe shores ASAP but for the Repubs to cave on that one was kind of shocking to me. They had blocked Trumps prior attempts to benefit the Russians.

Well that is wholly inaccurate if you are referring to Clinton impeachment.

the impeachment bar is political consideration of what constitutes high crimes and misdemeanors. the Dems and many others did not think a consensual sex act, even lied about was a high crime and misdemeanors.

you cannot use that to blanket say no lie on any topic is then not a high crime or misdemeanor.

Lmao, if you think the dems voted based on merit of the accusations rather than straight party line.

The president is trying to intimidate a citizen. Isn't that news anymore?

I believe Kellyane was a pretty low level polster. This is the only administration where she could get a high profile job like she has. She decided to sell her soul for the spotlight.

I can see the logic behind what she's doing from a pure career jumping point of view. She saw an opportunity that most likely would never happen again and jumped on it.

George was/is a very respected lawyer in Washington and his reputation actually means something so it makes sense that he would distance himself (I believe he also declined when offered the job of Inspector General).

I do wonder if George is doing this more out of conviction or to protect his reputation.
@Ophydian Polish, are you guys married? It's hard to explain but I think married folks reputations are linked. Maybe these two both don't care but it's just an interesting dynamic.

If there any proof of him "lying and making shit up"? Not really.

Over 10 years ago he got some information wrong and has since made a turnaround, got hired by a Pulitzer winning publication and (by your own source) earned praise by his colleagues. That means I'll automatically assume anything reported by him (and another reporter who co-wrote the report btw) is false... because it makes Daddy Trump look bad!

“Got some information wrong” lmao. Yes, the proof is in the article you aren’t reading. He even admits to, “lying cheating and backstabbing” in it. Okay, you stick with the guy even CNN won’t get completely behind and dive face first into “we have proof now!”

I’ll be over hear waiting to laugh at you all when it turns out he made some shit up, again.

@Ophydian Polish, are you guys married? It's hard to explain but I think married folks reputations are linked. Maybe these two both don't care but it's just an interesting dynamic.

I was married and my current GF is all about reputations

I was married and my current GF is all about reputations
Yeah, and if you were out in public making a raging idiot of yourself it would damage her reputation as well. People would ask "what's wrong with you? There must be something since you married a gigantic idiot". I think this is especially true of well educated people. Based on what you said your GF would probably ask you to cut that shit out if it was embarrassing here.

But of course I'm just generalizing.

Just remember that dems have already set the bar that lying is not grounds for removal from office. Nor should be ‘directing to lie’

Dems set the bar that lying about banging your intern was not grounds for removal. Lying about doing business with an adversarial government while running for President is a little different I'd reckon. And I'd also reckon that thought process probably cost them the White House in 2009. If Clinton never pulled that shit, Gore would have almost certainly been President rather than Bush.

Tell me honestly. If this is true, I mean proven completely true with actual hard evidence, not just testimony, would you still really want Trump in office?

“Got some information wrong” lmao. Yes, the proof is in the article you aren’t reading. He even admits to, “lying cheating and backstabbing” in it. Okay, you stick with the guy even CNN won’t get completely behind and dive face first into “we have proof now!”

I’ll be over hear waiting to laugh at you all when it turns out he made some shit up, again.
In his past, not specifically in the story that got him in trouble. What about the other guy who wrote the report though? I guess the bubble hasn't fed you any piece of character assassination yet, so I guess he doesn't exist.

But sure, let's make this a deal, stay in denial and we all get to watch you fools unravel once the snowball gets bigger.

Just got married back in September.

I agree you are linked to our spouse and I have no idea what there home life is like but they have 4 kids together so even if she decided to join Trump's campaign against his wishes I don't know if it's something he would actually consider divorce over.

On the other hand I follow Cheri Jacobus on Twitter and she says the couple is knowingly playing both sides in hopes of becoming the new Carville and Maitlin.

But Jacobus also seems to be a bit nutty to me.

In his past, not specifically in the story that got him in trouble. What about the other guy who wrote the report though? I guess the bubble hasn't fed you any piece of character assassination yet, so I guess he doesn't exist.

But sure, let's make this a deal, stay in denial and we all get to watch you fools unravel once the snowball gets bigger.

So he didn’t tell any lies in his story that got taken down for being “riddled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations” and “an instance of plagiarism.”

And didn’t tell any lies when he reported that multiple sources “confirmed Rove’s indictment is imminent. These individuals requested anonymity saying they were not authorized to speak publicly about Rove’s situation.”

And he didn’t tell any lies when he wrote his own memoir (which was never published because the publisher got sued for him lying in it).

https://archives.cjr.org/politics/jason_leopold_caught_sourceles.php

Other than that though...

Well, if only 50% of the people reporting it are proven liars who have made up strikingly similar allegations in the past (or perhaps Karl Rove’s imminent indictment still looms?!) I guess we should all go along with whatever they are saying. I would totally hitch my wagon to this guys horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back