Is egg protein complete?

Torka

White Belt
Reaction score
As in the title, is the protein in eggs a "complete" protein?

Far as I know. I'm pretty sure the BV of protein in other foods uses egg whites as the reference point (BV 100%).

Yes, Torka. They are a complete protein. They are the highest quality protein followed by milk and meat.

What about the stringy bit that holds the foetus in place?

Btw i read that the white part of eggs is pretty much only water and protein. Does that mean you can have as many eggs as you want as long as you don't eat the yellow part?

Sorry about he white part/yellow part, english is not my native tongue and i don't know what to call those parts.

Btw i read that the white part of eggs is pretty much only water and protein. Does that mean you can have as many eggs as you want as long as you don't eat the yellow part?

Sorry about he white part/yellow part, english is not my native tongue and i don't know what to call those parts.

What you mean is the "yolk". And you should eat it. Always.

I can't bring myself to throw away either part of the egg, it feels too wasteful. I can practically hear my working class parents scolding me just for thinking about it.

Yolks are good. A lot of people think that just because that's where the fat is if they eat it they'll get high LDL or have a heart attack. But, as far as I know, the opposite is true.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can only laugh at the thought of a lizard coming accross some alligator eggs in the wild and just eating the whites and tossing the yolks for the fear of his/her cholesterol. I personally cannot stand the whites and would rather just eat the yolks. I need my fat/cholesterol.

Yes. I would rather throw out the white.

Me too, the yolk is the best. I was taught to cook my eggs fully through to prevent salmonella. Fuck that, runny yolks FTW

+ Coconut oil to cook them in

Back