Is Conor that good?

For me he answered the questions when he beat the best wrestler in the division. That's what everyone was saying he was being protected from, and he knocked the guy out. Proven skills.

Then beating aldo the way he did, he's just climbing higher. I still don't favor him over RDA but I think its pretty even. I can't even think how the MMA world will react if he actually knocks RDA out.

yes, but one with a full camp ;)

R15SECa.gif

That good? What is that good? He is what you see! How can you fall in love with someone like him?
He's skilled, but his takedown defense is not very effective, no hips.

Anyone who thinks he's not good at this point is either in denial or they're ignorant. Clearly the guy is great.

w
Listen. The guy has a bunch of soft tkos and a great ko against one guy who ran into it.

He has the best luck of the sport with the greatest mouth.

Chad showed how to definitely beat him but we all know seeing him go out like Ronda would be so much sweeter.

I like him. I don't like his fans. SHIT, i don't like any fans that say goat or fill in the blank bless. That said, I'll like him when the cock suckers move onto a new dick. What's hilarious is despite what i just said, I'm a "hater" and "gotten to. " How the fuck am i going ti sleep tonight now? gee golly gosh

Nothing to see here, just another gotten to hater.

Conor Bless.

Well if he does to RDA what he did to Aldo then the questions that have been asked all along will still be there.

If McGregor pushes RDA against the fence, uses footwork and technique to stuff his takedowns and hooks then the question will be firmly answered. Mendes raised a lot of eyebrows that Conor did not answer in his win against Aldo.

/thread

w

Nothing to see here, just another gotten to hater.

Conor Bless.
See. Heres one. The chance that I am likely right worries you.

Be a fight fan son. And a Hype Hater.

CommonSense Bless.

The fact nobody has been able to do that shows what level he's at. Think about it.. by now someone should have been able to drag him into that kind of fight yet nobody can.
I think establishing "by now" is a bit tricky, but it took 6 defenses before Jones had a fight that really tested him. A number of other champs who managed to defend past 4 opponents, arguably met a serious adversary in their second or third defense (there are exceptions).

McGregor has yet to mount a single title defense, and as I've maintained, things tend to change when you have more to lose (or the opponent has less to lose). Now that McGregor is on top, the true test of his career and legacy begins.

That said, I think he's definitely something special. He's had a bit of a guided path and other bits that fell into place, but his skill, talent and dedication to the sport are definitely that of an elite competitor.

McGregor is going to win, look at the Mendes fight, McGregor win via 2nd round KO

See. Heres one. The chance that I am likely right worries you.

Be a fight fan son. And a Hype Hater.

CommonSense Bless.
Sorry, but common sense has not blessed this site from quite some time now...
It's a myth, killed by the nuthuggers and haters!

He really hasn't even cleared out 145 yet, as he still has Edgar waiting on him, and also skipped over plenty of top 10 fighters. He's only had 3 top 10 fights at 145, and zero fights at 155. He was given a straight path to the belt for both divisions now. He's got a chance to win, but in my eyes he hasn't really earned the belt, even if he gets the win.

I still want to see Lamas, Swanson, Edgar at 145, then of course i'd like to see RDA (which is happening) along with Pettis, Ferguson, Diaz and Alvarez at 155. If he can beat everyone on that list, he truly is the worlds greatest fighter. But like I said before, he's being gifted a shot without having earned it and even if he wins, he won't hold the 155 belt for long. He got to pass a lot of good fighter to be where he is now, and the UFC wanted him to have the easiest path to be the champ.

I don't hate Conor, but his fans really make you hate him with their talks of the GOAT. He's an exciting fighter, but his streak will soon come to an end and everyone will realize he's not some invincible fighter.

Back