Is Conor that good?

If Conor beats RDA convincingly, will his detractors admit he is that good. If not, who else would he have to beat before people can say the hype is real? Would he need to make a string of defenses first? Move up again? Obviously he is a good fighter, but even though he knocked out Aldo I'm not quite convinced yet. Too many questions in that fight, but the RDA fight could change that.
The better Conor does the more he will be hated. Conor wants his opponents to hate him. The hate comes from people identifying with his opponent. If he beats RDA in convincing fashion it will not matter. It will be on to Khabib, the next white knight who can slay the dragon.

not buying into all the hype. He is a great figther, but he's shown some large holes and hasn't fought the fighters who will exploit them.

The better Conor does the more he will be hated. Conor wants his opponents to hate him. The hate comes from people identifying with his opponent. If he beats RDA in convincing fashion it will not matter. It will be on to Khabib, the next white knight who can slay the dragon.

True, but hate and denial are two different things. Though I wouldn't mind seeing conor get ko'd, and the shoop threads that would follow.

True, but hate and denial are two different things. Though I wouldn't mind seeing conor get ko'd, and the shoop threads that would follow.
Hate and denial go hand and hand. If you hate a fighter, you just want to see him beat. When he wins it is due to the faults of his opponent.(Suddenly overrated, got caught, didn't follow game plan, past his prime..etc). No credit is given and on to the next challenger.

are you gonna blame him for having ko power and being precise? when he hits them they fall, what can he do

I'm a fan, I don't blame him for anything. The question would still remain. If you were a true student of MMA you would still have those questions as well.

I was trying to trigger you by using all the phrases you mentioned. was expecting a different reaction.
Because im not an rda fan or conor hater. Im a fight fan and i guess, a hype hater. Supposedly, its hard to understand so i get grouped into a fallacy. Its cute but it wont change what I've said.

I think he really needs to be in a more gritty, drawn out fight to really see his level. Someone who can evade taking too much damage and bring the fight to Conor. Frankie maybe?
The fact nobody has been able to do that shows what level he's at. Think about it.. by now someone should have been able to drag him into that kind of fight yet nobody can.

If Conor beats RDA convincingly, will his detractors admit he is that good. If not, who else would he have to beat before people can say the hype is real? Would he need to make a string of defenses first? Move up again? Obviously he is a good fighter, but even though he knocked out Aldo I'm not quite convinced yet. Too many questions in that fight, but the RDA fight could change that.
He needs a war.
Look at Weidman. Fought and beat Silva twice, but still had a lot of controversy and people doubting him
But his war with Machida showed he was for real.

I think if he beats RDA easily, we can basically claim his style could beat strikers. But then again, what about wrestlers?

Frankie or Khabib would be good fights to shut up doubters.

But a war with RDA would be much better IMHO.

Would it be as big of a deal as BJ Penn beating Matt Hughes?

hmm interesting question.

I think it wouldnt be AS surprising if conor wins,winning is what conor does. People expect that its likely it could happen.

Penn railroading hughes the way he did was pretty shocking.

I see a lot of Ronda
You are truly gotten to and definitely a sore hater. Conor is the Goat, you RDA nut huggers are delusional. Conor Bless you, Conor Bless your dog, Conor Bless your mother, Conor Bless your mountain dew, Conor Bless your couch, Conor Bless your fat girlfriend and Conor Bless your twinkles.

Good Sir.. take your hand out of your pants and get some paper towel.

There's still a lot of unanswered questions about Conor as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen him face a decent wrestler with good cardio(not on short notice) or anybody who came in with the smothering strategy. However, RDA is a good test for him. If he gets past RDA there is no doubt he is as good as he says he is.

You are truly gotten to and definitely a sore hater. Conor is the Goat, you RDA nut huggers are delusional. Conor Bless you, Conor Bless your dog, Conor Bless your mother, Conor Bless your mountain dew, Conor Bless your couch, Conor Bless your fat girlfriend and Conor Bless your twinkles.

You're a moron just like the other Conor butt boys. What are you going to say if he gets destroyed by RDA just like his last few opponents have been? You fools seem to think that this all is some fairytale book where it's alreadgy set in stone that Conor will never lose again. There is a real chance this dude gets decimated on fight night and you fanboys have backed yourselves in a hole just like Conor has. When he losses you will have nothing left to hang on.

I thought Pettis was sublime before he ran into RDA, and was made to look one-dimensional and toothless.

I am not discounting the possibility that RDA could pull off the same feat here. RDA hits harder than anyone McG has faced, has good solid fundamentals and an excellent kicking game, is mentally strong, physically battle-tested, and has such a well-rounded overall skillset. That stifling BJJ control from the top may be the defining factor in a one-sided mauling.

I thought Pettis was sublime before he ran into RDA, and was made to look one-dimensional and toothless.

I am not discounting the possibility that RDA could pull off the same feat here. RDA hits harder than anyone McG has faced, has good solid fundamentals and an excellent kicking game, is mentally strong, physically battle-tested, and has such a well-rounded overall skillset. That stifling BJJ control from the top may be the defining factor in a one-sided mauling.

What people are also not mentioning is that Conor is facing a wrestler the same size as him.

He knocked out a dude in 13 seconds who had been undefeated for over a decade. Even if RDA beats him, he is still that good.

not buying into all the hype. He is a great figther, but he's shown some large holes and hasn't fought the fighters who will exploit them.

Completely agree, McGregor is easy to hit, easy to take down and poor off his back.

I see a lot of Ronda

Good Sir.. take your hand out of your pants and get some paper towel.
tumblr_mbapkizgIs1r26f99o1_250.gif

Back