Is Conor P4P The Heaviest Hitter in the UFC?

Who is P4P the heaviest hitter in the UFC?

• Total voters
Dustin Poirier said Conor is "by far" the most powerful puncher he has ever fought.

Nate Diaz: "I had just fought in December and I had a cut [above my eye] from that Michael Johnson fight. It pretty much split right open."

Floyd Mayweather: "As far as his punching power – he’s solid. I’ve felt it before, so that’s why I kept coming straight ahead. Obviously, it wasn’t the type of power to say: ‘I can’t come forward.’ Because if it were that type of power, I wouldn’t have come forward.”

Paulie Malignaggi: "He’s not a weak puncher. People are dying for me to say, ‘Oh he hits hard!’ Oh, his big left hand.’ Listen, if Conor hits you, you’re going to feel it. He’s a grown man. I’d say he’s an above-average puncher. If he lands a shot with 10 oz gloves, it will probably get your attention. Is it ‘OMG power’? No, ‘OMG power’ is very rare. I’ve sparred thousands of rounds in my life. I’ve sparred hundreds of people in my life… the amount people that I sparred that had ‘OMG power' is probably only a handful. More than anything he’s accurate; and I think that’s what plays into the success he has with his punches."

Jose Aldo: “He has a good punch, but he cannot say that he is the biggest puncher. The MMA gloves are tiny; they are four ounces.”

Owen Roddy: "McGregor has really long arms and he uses them very well to keep people at bay. He also has very fast twitch fibres in his muscles. Conor has a unique style. A wide stance is not common in boxing but it is in combat. Conor is like a sprinter. He is fast and explosive, but it is hard to maintain that for five rounds. He often doesn’t need to last that long because of his habit of putting people to sleep. He has unbelievable power. When I used to spar with him almost every punch felt like it was from a man twice his size."

Eddie Alvarez: "It was more his speed. I got dropped a couple of times. The first time I got dropped I remember being on my butt and thinking: ‘Wow, that was quick. Whatever that was, it was fast.’ I’ve been there plenty of times in my career where I get dropped. I don’t panic; I keep my composure and get back up. His speed and timing were very good; you could tell he’s got years of boxing behind him."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/10761705/conor-mcgregor-punch-power-ufc/
We can make fun of Paulie all we want but his analysis is very spot on.

Old man in bar disagrees.
Conor is pillow fisted.

LOL. i forgot how moronic this place gets when the bearded fool fights

You made a list that has Costa on it and not Rumble? For as big and strong as Costa looks, he hasn't sent anyone to the shadow realm or bolivian. Rumble on the other hand...

Jesus OP. Gtfo

giphy.gif
Denzel has some of the best memes

It odd how some threads get moved, post deleted - usually being critical of conor - yet thread after thread of stupidity and trolling in favour of conor is allowed.

Amanda is my choice..

Take a look at francis and tell me you don't expect punching power..

Amanda on the other hand has some freakish power for a woman..

If you dont think Conor hits p4p hardest then you need to go back to soccer

Bigger question: Are Conor fans P4P just the dumbest thread starters ever?

Old man in the pub took Conor's Big Left Hand punch and he didn't even spill his pint, mate.

A kick is a hit and when Barboza gets the timing just right, he hits hard as hell.

Who gives a shit about p4p? Ngannou hits the hardest. Fuck all this midget coddling.

Back