Is Conor McGregor the best thing to happen to Jose Aldo's career?

He never "won" the UFC FW title, much like Dom he was just given it when the division moved from the WEC to the UFC. Was he going to fight fluke Grispi for the belt itself at 125 or just a defense?

By winning his final WEC fight, he was the UFC champion. He has since defended against UFC fighters. Your weird semantics are annoying.

the best thing to happen to his career was when they closed the WEC and moved him over as a UFC champion. But since then it probably is McGregor.

How are you people agreeing with this ridiculous thread

Is Conor McGregor the best thing to happen to Jose Aldo's career?
answer: just another easy payday

Aldo is terrible for Conor's career. If not Aldo someone else would hold the belt and they would likely be a much better fight for Conor

Good Lord man listen to yourself??? If Aldo didn't have the belt someone else would have the belt and it would be a better fight for Conor? So who has Conor fought that has a belt that is better than Jose Aldo? You guys taking this King Conor pick & choose his fights thing to a extreme level now...

Last edited:
Anderson's drawing power post Chael was overrated. He only did like 250kish against both Okami & Bonnar. Back when 250k was terrible numbers.

He only did well against people who helped hype up the fight.

Good Lord man listen to yourself??? If Aldo didn't have the belt someone else would have the belt and it would be a better fight for Conor? So has Conor fought that has a belt that is better than Jose Aldo? You guys taking this King Conor pick & choose his fights thing to a extreme level now...

Its very extreme. You can point out that Jose Aldo is the 145 GOAT, the actual one, not the pretend one, but its as if all they see is McGregor is the greatest ever, after all, he told us he was. Its a bizarre role reversal where they ignore the actual GOAT and call his opponent the GOAT. I've seen some crazy shit over the years around here but I don't think anything compares to the McGregor fans. They are rabid and single minded.

Its very extreme. You can point out that Jose Aldo is the 145 GOAT, the actual one, not the pretend one, but its as if all they see is McGregor is the greatest ever, after all, he told us he was. Its a bizarre role reversal where they ignore the actual GOAT and call his opponent the GOAT. I've seen some crazy shit over the years around here but I don't think anything compares to the McGregor fans. They are rabid and single minded.

I'm no spring chicken and have been here for awhile and I've never seen anything like this? I've seen young exciting fighters come & go some surprise and stay others just crumble. Conor as not done one thing, fight one fight, to make me say "Yea that Conor is the real sh!t"..! Beat Aldo then I'll bite my tongue now that's doing something!!!

More power to him he looks good and exciting and talks good trash, but I've seen that all before.

Conor will be the only one hyping the fight while Aldo complains about pay and does nothing to bring attention to the fight. So yea he will probably get Aldo a big check with all the attention Mcgregor will bring.

Jose Aldo has been a dominant champion for over 10 years, but no one really knew who he was until Conor showed up. It sort of reminds me of Anderson Silva before Chael Sonnen. Before Chael Sonnen only die-hard fans knew who Anderson Silva was. After all the hype Chael created Anderson became a house hold name.

I kind of see the same thing happening to Jose Aldo thanks to Conor McGregor?

I almost feel like Jose would make more money by losing a decision to Conor just because the re-match would be huge.

If it takes Conor to notice Aldo... That person is mentally deficient or a dilettante.

Only if he wins. With a win he will get a massive boost. Conor will be out on this working hard while Aldo trains. Conor loves the attention and is good at it so there is no doubt he will be all over the hype on this and that will bring in huge amounts of money.

If he loses, he will take a huge dive. Look at Barao. People were starting to argue he was the GOAT one day and the next? He isn't even in discussions anymore and almost seems forgotten. The same thing could potentially happen to Aldo if Conor puts on a grade A asswhooping.

Jose Aldo has been a dominant champion for over 10 years, but no one really knew who he was until Conor showed up. It sort of reminds me of Anderson Silva before Chael Sonnen. Before Chael Sonnen only die-hard fans knew who Anderson Silva was. After all the hype Chael created Anderson became a house hold name.

I almost feel like Jose would make more money by losing a decision to Conor just because the re-match would be huge.

Everybody knew who Aldo was before Conor. Though, as much as the UFC tried to hype all his previous contenders, Conor is truly the only one who's capable of defeating him.

I would think a fight with conor will bring in more viewers than normal. So yes that helps Aldo's career. Get's him some more exposure to people who might not already know who he is, and at the very least increases his payday if he's getting a % of ppv buys.

McGregor noobs. :rolleyes:

probably, it will be a nice big easy paycheck for him

9azkie.gif

That dance is close to Hall calling Stallings "a kid" - that is, epic.

Good Lord man listen to yourself??? If Aldo didn't have the belt someone else would have the belt and it would be a better fight for Conor? So who has Conor fought that has a belt that is better than Jose Aldo? You guys taking this King Conor pick & choose his fights thing to a extreme level now...

i am not sure exactly what the hell you are saying. Aldo is not the best thing to happen to Conor because Aldo is the best fighter in the world and will probably beat Conor. If Aldo was not fighting at FW Conor would have a much better chance at winning the belt

Anderson's drawing power post Chael was overrated. He only did like 250kish against both Okami & Bonnar. Back when 250k was terrible numbers.

He only did well against people who helped hype up the fight.

He did 410k and 335k. Not great, but much better then you said

He was replying to me and he completely misunderstood what i said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back