Is Conor McGregor the best thing to happen to Jose Aldo's career?

PrincesaZelda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Jose Aldo has been a dominant champion for over 10 years, but no one really knew who he was until Conor showed up. It sort of reminds me of Anderson Silva before Chael Sonnen. Before Chael Sonnen only die-hard fans knew who Anderson Silva was. After all the hype Chael created Anderson became a house hold name.

I kind of see the same thing happening to Jose Aldo thanks to Conor McGregor?

I almost feel like Jose would make more money by losing a decision to Conor just because the re-match would be huge.

For sure. This fight will bring a lot of eyes on Aldo.

Now can Aldo keep all those eyes on him after this fight (if he is still the champ) is something else. Kinda doubt it because he is not that good on mic like Conor

By far

But I don't think Aldo has been champ for 10 years.

Yes. It wont propel him to Anderson or GSP levels of popularity, but it will make him much more popular. He is already getting way more props and support from Sherdog then he ever has before.

If the PPV sells breaks the 250,000 mark that an Aldo match typically sells, then sure.

Absolutely, imo Conor gave Aldo an identity. Now Aldo is someone.

By far

But I don't think Aldo has been champ for 10 years.

True, I think I over-heard Rogan or someone like that say that and I just kind of paraphrased. It has been almost 10 years since he's lost and that's pretty impressive given the fact that he's fought at a high level for a long time.

Jose Aldo has been a dominant champion for over 10 years, but no one really knew who he was until Conor showed up. It sort of reminds me of Anderson Silva before Chael Sonnen. Before Chael Sonnen only die-hard fans knew who Anderson Silva was. After all the hype Chael created Anderson became a house hold name.

I kind of see the same thing happening to Jose Aldo thanks to Conor McGregor?

I almost feel like Jose would make more money by losing a decision to Conor just because the re-match would be huge.

Assuming he wins, yes. I don't think Aldo will win unless he changes his gameplan of late up. http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-hell-cub-swanson-going-fight-2593161/index3.html Since Conor's second fight in the ufc I've been saying he's going to destroy or dominate everyone he fights. Getting flamed along the away.

Aldo has bulked up to much and lost some of his speed for power since he's gone more to a wrestling style of fighting. If Conor's TDD is good and it turns into a straight up stand up fight, he's got the length, accuracy and speed to beat aldo standing up. The biggest holes or question marks are his TDD and leg kick checks. Aldo could take him down or chopping him down possibly. I give the fight 60/40 in Conor's side.

was dan hardy the best thing to happen in gsp career? cause inside the cage that's all conor is to aldo.

Yes. It wont propel him to Anderson or GSP levels of popularity, but it will make him much more popular. He is already getting way more props and support from Sherdog then he ever has before.

I believe it actually could, especially if he dominates McGregor, seeing as everybody just now getting into MMA because of McGregor thinks he is some sort of god.

Aldo has bulked up to much and lost some of his speed for power since he's gone more to a wrestling style of fighting. If Conor's TDD is good and it turns into a straight up stand up fight, he's got the length, accuracy and speed to beat aldo standing up.

It only seems this way due to Aldo's opponents being great wrestlers. I believe when we are able to see Aldo use his full potential in the stand-up without having to worry about takedowns, everybody will quickly be reminded of why he is considered #1 P4P by so many.

It feels like so many people forget how good his stand-up actually is. Not just his leg kicks, everything.

probably, it will be a nice big easy paycheck for him

9azkie.gif

Yes TS....Conor is bringing the spotlight on Aldo like never before hence why Aldo was all smiles when Conor jumped out of the cage to finger point him...hahaha

While it might prove to be the best thing to happen to Jose's bank account, I'd imagine winning the title in the first place will always be the best thing to happen to his career.

was dan hardy the best thing to happen in gsp career? cause inside the cage that's all conor is to aldo.

GSP was already the biggest star in the sport and Dan is not even close to as hyped or hated as Conor. Inside the octagon Aldo will probably win pretty easily (although comparing Conor to Dan Hardy is stupid), but Conor will help Aldo get more popular since people root against Conor.

Part of the reason GSP was so popular is because early in his UFC career he beat the shit out of mouthy shit talkers like Conor

Back