is competing in MMA fun?

San Griente

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I started watching MMA one year ago, at age 48. It almost made me want to train, but on balance, and despite my low fight mileage (I have taken 3 punches total in my life), I decided that 48 is not the right age to take up the sport.

But I’m still curious. Is cage fighting actually FUN to do? Like say, snowboarding, where you start doing it and within a few days you are screaming “F Yeah!! This is awesome!!”

?

Would be no fun for me,

Whats the point, no MMA fighter could last 3 seconds with me or any average Joe from Sherdog.

If its your thing yeah, i would say competing in anything is fun, why wouldnt it be? Even if the activity is not "fun" per se, its the competition factor and being the best at anything.

Last edited:
Nah, I’m good watching it

let’s be completely honest, it’s a mugs game.

I started watching MMA one year ago, at age 48. It almost made me want to train, but on balance, and despite my low fight mileage (I have taken 3 punches total in my life), I decided that 48 is not the right age to take up the sport.

But I’m still curious. Is cage fighting actually FUN to do? Like say, snowboarding, where you start doing it and within a few days you are screaming “F Yeah!! This is awesome!!”

?
No.

I’m cool with sitting there drinking my beer on the couch lol

looks fun.

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Punch yourself in the face you will have a bit idea

?

I'm not sure fun is the right word, but some people get enjoyment out of it.

I think it's more of a thrill than anything, however I do have lots of fun while sparring.

Fuck no. It would take me months or years to get over getting punched in the face.

I had a long amateur kickboxing career and sub grappling competitions. Not exactly MMA but I can still speak on the fun and thrill of combat.

Fighting always felt like the reward after a hard training camp, that coupled with the excitement of traveling to a fight out of state or country made it really fun.

There were days I broke down during Shark Tank clinching and other times shitty injuries etc, but overall the fun and reward was always there. The Glory of winning and being up there alone getting your hand raise makes it worth it.

inb4 "literally none of this happened"

Thanks for the answers. That’s what I thought. MMA seems like the least enjoyable activity there could possibly be, on so many levels.

Thanks for the answers. That’s what I thought. MMA seems like the least enjoyable activity there could possibly be, on so many levels.

I've never felt more in my zone and element than when I'm throwing down. It's like the world shuts off and you're in this super sharp hyper focused flow state. Combat is definitely a different type of rush from other sports and a lot don't compare if you're someone who really gets off on that rush.

?

you're probably better off taking up B.A.S.E. jumping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back