Is Colby capable of KO'ing Usman?

KO Power/Power punch is a gift, you're born with it or not, guys like Jones, Colby and Floyd will never get that godlike power that guys like Usman, Francis, Black beast, Mark Hunt, Tyson are born with.

they can train for years and will always be a pillow hands.
It's more related to fighting skill. Colby doesn't have that skill though.

Also Floyd has more KO wins early in his career, then he changed his style later, which is another evidence that why it's more related to skill than power.

He did stun Usman a few times in their last fight. So i would say yes.

probably. but he isn't a power puncher and usman is improving A LOT after moving to Whittman.

Colby wasn't born with KO power, he doesn't have that talent he will always be a pillow fists because of his bad genetics.
tenor.gif

SomberHandmadeCurlew-size_restricted.gif

images

SpectacularInsistentBilby-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

e0eda3c738521ecc9ef281899b09259259976c84.gifv

tenor.gif

images

Cringe

KO Power/Power punch is a gift, you're born with it or not, guys like Jones, Colby and Floyd will never get that godlike power that guys like Usman, Francis, Black beast, Mark Hunt, Tyson are born with.

Tyson is not really a KO artist per se, just saying.
He is a damn good boxer though, especially considering his size.
But anyway, i get that you have guys who are throwing harder than others but between throwing hard against a bag and landing right inside the ring there is a major difference.
Plus, in colbys case, its a question of using his body weight better, if he throws without the whole weigh of his body, he could have the hands of foreman, he wont do much damage.
Again, we are talking KOs here, not TKO, not putting a tired guy away with GNP.
I dont necessarly think colby is pillow fisted, i just think he may have to learn more things and/or gain a bit confidence.

Colby has never been much of a head kicker IIRC but I imagine he won't want to give Usman a chance to take him down.

Considering that Usman took a clean shin to the head from Burns and was barely stunned, I do not rate Colby's chances of getting a stoppage from strikes very highly.

Considering that Usman took a clean shin to the head from Burns and was barely stunned, I do not rate Colby's chances of getting a stoppage from strikes very highly.

Good point. I think I was in the middle of a bad ice storm so I was without power when that fight took place. Usman ate that easily.

They're 170 lb men, they're all capable of KOing each other if they land the right punch.

That wasn't very clean, and Burns dropped him early with a right hook, so it's not like Usman can't be hurt by strikes.

Funny you have Usman on the same tier and Francis, Lewis, Hunt, and Tyson when he was criticized earlier in his career for his lack of finishing ability. Hell, noted KO artist Dan Henderson use to be nicknamed Decision Dan because he never finished anybody, technique definitely plays a big part in guys transitioning from wrestle/boxers to fight finishers.

That wasn't very clean, and Burns dropped him early with a right hook, so it's not like Usman can't be hurt by strikes.

He got dropped and recovered instantly.

Colby landed over a hundred head and body strikes on Usman, and didn't produce anywhere near that kind of reaction.

Usman had to cheat to survive last time, of the referee does not help him cheat in the next fight then it can happen.

Funny you have Usman on the same tier and Francis, Lewis, Hunt, and Tyson when he was criticized earlier in his career for his lack of finishing ability. Hell, noted KO artist Dan Henderson use to be nicknamed Decision Dan because he never finished anybody, technique definitely plays a big part in guys transitioning from wrestle/boxers to fight finishers.

Henderson was called "Decision Dan" because he got the benefit of the doubt in real close fights. It was clear that he had insane power in his overhand right from early in his career. He got better at landing it as he got more experienced.

It doesn't matter how good your technique is if you don't have natural power. Timothy Bradley was a physical specimen with insane handspeed and great technique, but he couldn't produce KOs at the elite level in boxing despite focusing for years on increasing his punching power.

We saw glispses of Usman's power when he KO'd Sergio Moraes so badly that the guy did a somersault. It was always there, he just had to improve his overall stand up game.

Usman, Dan were Wrestlers but they found out they had KO power, not every guy has that talent.

Tyson is not really a KO artist per se, just saying.
He is a damn good boxer though, especially considering his size.
But anyway, i get that you have guys who are throwing harder than others but between throwing hard against a bag and landing right inside the ring there is a major difference.
Plus, in colbys case, its a question of using his body weight better, if he throws without the whole weigh of his body, he could have the hands of foreman, he wont do much damage.
Again, we are talking KOs here, not TKO, not putting a tired guy away with GNP.
I dont necessarly think colby is pillow fisted, i just think he may have to learn more things and/or gain a bit confidence.
e2c91fdb765df5b5f64e6a0a195a94ff.gif

Frq.gif

M6D.gif

Floyd got into defensive boxing because he has no power like Tyson, Liston he can't destroy boxers with his punches so it makes sense for him to be a point fighter.

some people don't have the talent for KO's, it's the harsh reality.

Floyd can train 100 years will never be a Duran in terms of power.

Ch-Jnu.gif

yes, obviously he can KO marty. it's just not the most likely path to victory for him.
marty probably wins viciously, though i'm pulling for Colby. i couldn't be more opposite of his political leanings, but i'm a huge fan of the way he fights and even find his stupid antics amusing (sometimes).
marty probably goes to the body a lot in early rounds where he was having a lot of success first fight then smashes colby into oblivion in round 4. colby though will be fighting as long as he's conscious. it's gonna be a banger.
will probably take a little action on Colby if odds reach the +250 range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back