Is Chito the king of the intangibles?

Championship gas tank

Championship resolve

Championship nastiness

Championship durability

It's like Chito has everything he needs to be one of the greats except the skills. Not saying he isn't skilled or couldn't win on Saturday, but nobody's deluding themselves into thinking that this weekend will be a start of a dominant championship reign or anything. We've seen him lose enough times to almost surely discount that. I just feel like if he was elite in one area, Chito could be something special. Everything else is there.

You guys might not like it but Sean will beat him, and i don't even like Sean.

He moves like a sack of potatoes for a BW. His best chance is to finish Sean in the later rounds.

imo fighting is all about intangibles. there are so many pieces to the puzzle that we simply can’t quantify or articulate. tangibles matter, but intangibles make all the difference. and sometimes tho intangibles are negative.

chito has a very good chance at winning this fight, whether that’s due to his tangible or intangible qualities. guy finds ways to win. but sean has a special intangible quality—the ufc likes him and wants him to win.

Championship gas tank

Championship resolve

Championship nastiness

Championship durability

It's like Chito has everything he needs to be one of the greats except the skills. Not saying he isn't skilled or couldn't win on Saturday, but nobody's deluding themselves into thinking that this weekend will be a start of a dominant championship reign or anything. We've seen him lose enough times to almost surely discount that. I just feel like if he was elite in one area, Chito could be something special. Everything else is there.

How is durability and stamina intangible. You can literally measure these

styles make fights interesting. Chito style is to find an opening, avoid damage. As others have noted he can get out worked . Fair enough but his opponents need to outwork and not get caught. If they can they win but Chito can make it interesting. Sean is faster so if he avoids a big shot he can out strike Chito comfortably. But if Sean gets careless tide can turn .

His footwork is also very stationary and flatfooted. Very old Thai style.
Parillo doesn't seem to change it, although he was a boxer and Bisping wasn't like that at all.
Jason ain't an elite boxing coach though in my opinion. Just not very technical.

Cheato just can mirror stance and calf kick in this fight

Back