Is Charles Olivieira underrated by the Ufc and the fans

No. Quality over quantity.

His best win is against Kevin Lee. Even Al Iaquinta did that, twice. I think Dan Hooker is still ahead of him, since Dan Hooker beat Felder and Iaquinta. And that could be actually a good fight, Hooker vs. Olivieira.

Or he can at least avenge his previous losses against Pettis or Felder, then you have an argument. Or put someone like Islam or Cerrone in front of him (though he could possibly beat Cerrone right now), actually, he also lost to Cerrone long time ago, avenging that loss could be a good start as well.

He's one of those above average guys who has a decent skillset and will do well and most likely win against a lot of guys out of the top 10/berderline top 10 but who can also crumble against anyone in the top 10 and get destroyed by top 5 guys. Decent fighter but he doesn't have that extra little step who make fighters elite and constant contenders

He's a talented gatekeeper. He hasn't fought anyone in the top 5 yet and I'd argue that Lee shouldn't even have been considered a top 10 win (more like a top 15).

Win streaks are fine when you are beating scrubs or guys that are way past their prime like Jim Miller.

How many times has that guy missed weight? And badly!

No, Shersheep just overestimate finishes. The only top win on his winning streak is Kevin Lee. Charles Oliviera is going to have a hard time against the top guys of the division. He has terrible Striking defense and all the top guys are snipers and power punchers.

Nothing against Chuck, he's definitely an exciting fighter. I'm just perplexed everytime people throw him in title talks, he hasn't proven anything. Fight and beat one top 5 guy and I'll stfu.

8-1 since his jump back up to 155.

About time they take it slow with him. He is about due for one of those fights he's known to flop in. People talking about Ferguson vs DaBronx for example which is just not a good fight at all for Charles.

Maybe give him Islam and see what happens.

As of right now, yes...

But when he first got into the UFC he was grossly overrated.

Dana is really good at ignoring Brazilians and winning streaks. Several come to mind but Trinaldo is another example of a 7 fight win streak including destroying Paul Felder and it got him 14th or 15th.

It's because everytime he's faced a top guy he's lost. His best win on that run was Kevin Lee, and Lee isn't that good. Before that he got TKO'd by Felder, and choked out by Pettis, and Lamas.
If lee won everyone would be hyping him for title shot

I think he's underrated but rightfully so. People have a right to look at your current fighting prowess, as well as your past. And his past is littered with some terrible losses and a lack of heart. I do think he's overcome it, but he needs another big fight to really make it known. The lee win was awesome.

Guy is legit, ridinng a 7 fight winning streak and last win is over Fighter Kevin Lee and yet somehow it seems no one is mentioning him no where
its hard to forget the 8 UFC losses, plus his name is similar to the Brazilian Cowboy so a lot of casuals think its one dude.

Also, the dudes he lost to are still kicking around the UFC. He should rematch Cerrone, Swanson, Pettis, Edgar, and/or Felder

why don't you just list everyone's last 10?
<PlusJuan>

People always uses random number of fights to justify wins and losses lol. One of the most stupid things ever, biased as fuck most of the times.

I think he's underrated but rightfully so. People have a right to look at your current fighting prowess, as well as your past. And his past is littered with some terrible losses and a lack of heart. I do think he's overcome it, but he needs another big fight to really make it known. The lee win was awesome.

Uuuh...

Dont shit on him. He taps even before Felder lands those elbows
Read the post again. I said the ref didn’t see him tap. If you watch the whole fight you will see him wince in pain and then he taps. If the ref saw that he wouldn’t have taken six extra elbows.

See I agree with you but it’s the names on that list that make me think he’s underrated by the UFC. How many scrubs does the guy need to beat before he gets more than a washed up Kevin Lee as an opponent?

I wouldnt call Lee washed up. Hes just incosistent as fuck.

He is mainly seen as an exciting but not highly elite fighter which is propably accurate giving the guys he beat during his winning streak and the guys he lost to prior.
I can definetly see him cracking the top 5 at some point with the right matchmaking but thats about it.

Back