Is BJJ the worst MMA style

They can make the money without the CTE, which washed up wrestlers can't. No surprise they choose other ways. It doesn't mean they couldn't use it like Werdum or Maia.

Any sort of martial arts where you’re hugging or grinding another man is weak. Strikers are the only legit fighters in MMA. Imagine training to grab another man’s legs and maneuver to their back… It’s soft.

Talking shit about legit tough guys online (Brazilian mma fighters) is weak.. you're soft.

For Dagestani wrestling? Don't get me wrong, im not a fan of the stan, but I don't think BJJ has any chance against the stan wrestling.

Any sort of martial arts where you’re hugging or grinding another man is weak. Strikers are the only legit fighters in MMA. Imagine training to grab another man’s legs and maneuver to their back… It’s soft.
Just bleed….

Boxing and wrestling seems the best, but neither teach you how to defend low kicks.

Sanshou, Cung Le's style, seems to be the most well rounded of a single MA system. There just isn't a successful fighter to win a major championship. Not sure if Zhang Weili is a Sanshou fighter.

on paper modern MT (the "classic one", which i think is disappeared, had a very rudimentary "boxing") + Judo is one of the best combinations if not the best.

What is "dagestani wrestling"? Fighters from Dagestan struggle the most with submissions. Jiu Jitsu and fighting on the ground is a major hurdle for a lot of those guys to get over to break into the higher parts of MMA.

You need to watch non-UFC to see how most sambo guys, much less proper wrestlers, struggle with the submission aspects of MMA. Thinking everyone is like Khabib on the ground is naive.

Gary tonon made Gasanov scream. That random german guy subbed khabib's cousin. Islam lost to a BJJ guy. Gunnar subbed akhmedov. Craig subbed ankalaev and antigulov. Almeida embarrassed Abdurakhimov.

Last edited:
I think the new no gi version would translate pretty well. It’s very fast paced and the diving under for leg locks are a great way to get on top or hit a sub. Mousassi used that attack against Weidman

For Dagestani wrestling? Don't get me wrong, im not a fan of the stan, but I don't think BJJ has any chance against the stan wrestling.
m8, come on

imagine a Karate or Tae Kwon Do guy x Dagestanis. Or a boxer. Or a kung fu guy.

BJJ is probably one of the best styles x pure control rasslers, if not the best.

Last edited:
Bjj is weak because you can't dictate the fight with it. It's reactive not proactive.

You react to your opponent trying to take you down or you achieving a low % takedown move.

I mean at least BJJ guys can do other things too now. Thanks the days of pulling guard for 5 rounds and butt scouting are long gone (for the most part)
I feel like I saw some butt-scooting in the Octagon recently (and not Kron's last fight, something more recent). Does anyone remember the match I'm talking about?

But in the streets, Stans can carry knifes and guns too. Can you imagine being taken down, smothered for 5 minutes and then stabbed, or shot?
Exactly my point. MMA isn't a real fight in any regard. So the rules should NOT be based on "what would happen in a real fight".

Ergo if someone scores a takedown and doesn't advance to mount or back control within 30-60 seconds, both fighters should be stood up (unless they are actually doing real damage of course; rabbit punches don't count).

What is "dagestani wrestling"? Fighters from Dagestan struggle the most with submissions. Jiu Jitsu and fighting on the ground is a major hurdle for a lot of those guys to get over to break into the higher parts of MMA.

You need to watch non-UFC to see how most sambo guys, much less proper wrestlers, struggle with the submission aspects of MMA. Thinking everyone is like Khabib on the ground is naive.

people here really believe that every single dagi is a abdulmanap pupil who also happens to train folkstyle american wrestling at AKA

it's some bizarre narrative where we're supposedly under a "dagestani invasion" that has produced 2 champions in 10 years, both from the same gym and clan

Bjj is weak because you can't dictate the fight with it. It's reactive not proactive.

You react to your opponent trying to take you down or you achieving a low % takedown move.

to be a top mmabjj fighter you need either wrestling or judo
tetsuro taira is a very proactive bjj guy who uses wrestling to set up his ground game

Imagine faking your hurt and dropping to the ground hoping your opponent jumps on top of you so you can wrap your legs around them, and hug them to death.

Sad but true.

Helio Gracie's jujitsu is good for women and weaklings, helping them survive, counter, and finish.

But it's a bad look for any alpha male.

Dagestani wrestling, shooto, pankration, etc. are for alpha males.

BJJ is for the sickly, the weaker.

The very act of "pulling guard' is as immasculine as immasculine gets.

Fight fans want to see striking prowess first, knockouts, or dominant wrestling and submission attempts.

Winning "from your back" is better than losing ... but not by much.

Back